New Yeti Models?

Hanki

Bearing in mind the number of posts on this forum about whether or not the 1.2 TSI has sufficient power I thought this from the article Ryeman posted is interesting "Two variants have been approved – a two-wheel drive and a four-wheel drive – both powered by a 1.5-litre petrol engine producing 105kW of power, mated with a six-speed manual gearbox". So the same power as the smallest Yeti engine (in the Classic anyway) but from an engine a 25% bigger capacity and (at least in theory) of some 5 or 6 years newer design.

I think you're quoting the Chinese Haval (H2) engine (?)

Here's more on the VW T-Roc (Polo) and T-Cross (Golf) I'm referring to

http://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/volkswagen-tcross-concept-head-to-geneva-motor-show-20160126-gmen4f.html

Edited by Ryeman

Even Škoda are only speculating on what the next range of SUVs will look like - from their press release (emphasis mine)

Mladá Boleslav, 2 February 2016 - ŠKODA communicates their new, modern design language in the SUV segment. The brand will be showcasing their new show car - the ŠKODA VisionS - at the 2016 Geneva International Motor Show, hinting at how ŠKODA's future SUV could look. The design represents a good balance of aesthetics, power and functionality. Over recent years, ŠKODA has completely renewed and expanded their model range. The next phase will involve broadening the range of models in the SUV segment.

01VisionS.jpg

02VisionS.jpg

03VisionS.jpg

Edited by dbg400
  • Like 1

Well, they have updated their official Skoda Luxembourg page to give details about Skoda VisionS, a full size SUV.

http://www.skoda.lu/news/pages/suv-designstudie-%C5%A1koda-visions-feiert-premiere-in-genf.aspx

(Google Translated)

View: ŠKODA Visions shows the direction of future ŠKODA SUV 
> Presence: Modern, powerful, expressive design language 
> Typically generous space - now with three rows of seats and 4.70 m External length

Mladá Boleslav, February 2, 2016 - ŠKODA transmits its new modern design language in the SUV segment. For the first time the show car ŠKODA Visions will show on the Geneva Motor Show 2016 illustrate how future ŠKODA SUV might look. The design represents a balance of aesthetics, emotion, power and functionality. In recent years, ŠKODA has the model range of the brand renewed and expanded radically. In the next phase now follows the expansion of the model range in the SUV segment.

2014 has presented the design study VisionC its new design language ŠKODA, now the brand transmits them into the SUV segment. The Visions ( "S" stands for SUV) is the brand for the first time, like an SUV above its successful compact SUV, the ŠKODA Yeti might look like: produced with a length of 4.70 meters and a width of 1.91 meters the 1.68 meter high showcar spontaneous presence on the road. Inside, the brand continues as usual on a first-class space: The ŠKODA Visions moves forward with three rows of seats and can accommodate six passengers.

I just ordered a new Yeti (my second) and received an email from Skoda UK to thank me for the order with web links to a page called 'Building your Skoda'.  Some interest information on the various factories.  Within that page was a list of Skoda models, namely: http://www.skoda-auto.com/en/models/yeti-edition/ The Yeti Edition and the Yeti Joy http://www.skoda-auto.com/en/models/yeti-joy

Any one got any idea what these are.  I assume not for the UK market?

The Swiss have Joy models - one is exactly the spec. I would go for:

2.0 TDI SCR, 150 ch boite manuelle a 6 vitesses (AdBlue) traction avant.

Emissions CO2 126

Fuel l/100 4.8 mixte

Category B

Max Speed 199 kph  0-62 9.0 secs

Price 30,290 euros (in 2015)

What about it SUK?