Rolling Road day RS Tuning leeds Saturday 19th March 2016

TrevorB33

We have a couple that might be doing that, obviously with the numbers at the amount they are you just might have to wait awhile, but i don't think it will be a problem

No problem, i'll come down then i'm only 10 minutes away. Cheers

• Like 1

Thanks for coming everyone, I hope everyone was pleased with there results :)

Everyone except you I think? :p

Though I wasn't happy that the last minute show up knocked me off the meaningless 'top bhp of the day' spot :P

Edited by DanHarper
  • Like 2

Just got back to Scarborough. 

Thanks for a great morning lads.  I'm proud to have been the person with the lowest BHP on the day. :D

What did your Ignis put out in the end? Was worried my 306 would be the lowest with 121 :D Was nice to chat to you though, still debating on going for an Octavia vrs then?

Yes thanks for a good morning and for organising it Trevorb33 :)

• Like 1

Sorry I couldn't make it chaps. if another one is organised, my car will be available for someone to take along, it would be nice to know what it makes, it's been a bit of a bugger this week.........

• Like 1

What did your Ignis put out in the end? Was worried my 306 would be the lowest with 121 :D Was nice to chat to you though, still debating on going for an Octavia vrs then?

Brace yourself.  The Ignis managed a mighty 113.0 bhp!  I was well happy with that as it was supposed to produce 107 back in 2005.  I suppose the custom exhaust and K&N made a difference.  In theory, I paid £89.33 per extra horsepower to get there.  Money well spent? :notme:

As for a replacement for the Vectra, I've been looking at the Mk2 vRS estate but I'm not sure the boot is big enough for what I need.  I'm also looking at a Vectra estate, but the 150 Sri diesel version.  Apparently they cope well with a remap and become quite a rapid barge.  A set of lowering springs, some new rims and it'll be okay for a bit. Won't be a VXR but it'll do to transport the kids around.

Was a good turn out wasn't expected to go on rollers but glad I did :)

Nice to meet everyone sorry I was grumpy but I have just come off my shifts

I didn't think you were that grumpy.  I appreciated you letting me have a nosey around your car too.  I was well impressed with your results, especially seeing as the car looked so stock. 

Brace yourself.  The Ignis managed a mighty 113.0 bhp!  I was well happy with that as it was supposed to produce 107 back in 2005.  I suppose the custom exhaust and K&N made a difference.  In theory, I paid £89.33 per extra horsepower to get there.  Money well spent? :notme:

As for a replacement for the Vectra, I've been looking at the Mk2 vRS estate but I'm not sure the boot is big enough for what I need.  I'm also looking at a Vectra estate, but the 150 Sri diesel version.  Apparently they cope well with a remap and become quite a rapid barge.  A set of lowering springs, some new rims and it'll be okay for a bit. Won't be a VXR but it'll do to transport the kids around.

Haha you didnt get the lowest then! the lad with the other 306 in blue got 92bhp, so you actually got 20bhp more than the lowest! Those are not cheap gains! I only spent £5 per bhp aha!

Id advise against anything diesel that has a DMF and DPF (= big repair bills!) and can be found on the 1.9 150 diesel, which isnt a massively great engine anyway reliability wise as summarised here http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1254499) Id be looking at petrol for anything used, unless its brand new with warranty.

• Like 1