Rejected warranty claim!

The car was sold by the dealer with a 12 month warranty on it supplied by the same dealer.

The OP put in for a warranty claim.

Why then did the dealer approach Skoda UK to check if it was covered or not?

If the warranty is indeed provided by a third party warranty company then surely the dealer will have approached them and not Skoda UK?

Also, for Skoda UK to open a case and look into the issue would suggest they have some links to the warranty cover provided on their used cars supplied by their franchised dealer network?

Surely, if the car was bought from a Skoda franchise and is/was covered by the Skoda used car warranty, then a phone call to Skoda to ask the question would clear it up one way or the other.

Cheers

Ray

If Skoda UK had anything at all to do with it. The dealer covers the cost of the warranty. It is also the dealers decision if they offer the warranty in the first place.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

From here...

http://www.skoda.co.uk/used-cars/advantages-of-skoda-used-cars

This reads to me that if a dealer wants to sell a car through the approved Skoda scheme they have to offer a warranty.

There have been situations where people have bought a used car from a main Skoda dealer, but not via the approved used car scheme, then as you say the dealer is able to choose what they do. A few people have been caught out this way, assuming they had the Skoda approved warranty when in actual fact they didn't.

I'd be asking for a copy of the terms and conditions to be sure...

Manufacturer and/or ŠKODA APPROVED warranty

If you’re buying a car that’s less than six years of age with less than 72,000 miles on the clock you’ll automatically receive a 12 month warranty. Older cars which have a maximum of 100,000 miles on the clock come with a minimum of 3 months’ warranty. Warranties will either be the remainder of Manufacturer's warranty, a ŠKODA APPROVED warranty or a combination of the two.

You can also extend the warranty period at the time of buying, giving you even more worry-free driving time.
Edited by silver1011

I had an issue where the service manager refused a claim on my used car warranty. I pressed him to call Skoda to check whilst i was still with him. He called them and told him my claim was valid an he should proceed with my repair

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

From here...

http://www.skoda.co.uk/used-cars/advantages-of-skoda-used-cars

I'd be asking for a copy of the terms and conditions to be sure...

Manufacturer and/or ŠKODA APPROVED warranty

If you’re buying a car that’s less than six years of age with less than 72,000 miles on the clock you’ll automatically receive a 12 month warranty. Older cars which have a maximum of 100,000 miles on the clock come with a minimum of 3 months’ warranty. Warranties will either be the remainder of Manufacturer's warranty, a ŠKODA APPROVED warranty or a combination of the two.

You can also extend the warranty period at the time of buying, giving you even more worry-free driving time.

The OP should have received a copy with the documents when he got the car.

I got the salesman to get a copy of the conditions before I agreed to buy the car.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

My wife has a 61 Yeti Elegance with heated seats.  When we bought it from Simpsons in Preston last May, we got a 12 month warranty.

The heaters in both seat bases failed last autumn and were replaced under warranty, no questions asked.

John

Hi John, thanks for that the car is going back to the supplying dealer for them to check the seat again. The dealership had to change the control module on the seat back in the summer. Let's see what excuses they come up this time!

I bought my a Superb under the Approved Used scheme. They warranty can be either a VAG product or 3rd party. As Silver says why would the dealer contact Skoda if it was a 3rd party warranty?

• Like 1

With my claim for the DMF, that was definitely reviewed and approved by SUK. I'm sure however, that their used car warranty will be underwritten by an insurance company, in exactly the same way that something like the 10 year warranty offered by Miele on their dishwashers/washing machines is underwritten by Domestic and General. Having had that too, there is no reference made by Miele to D&G in the event of a claim; its handled by Miele throughout the repair process.

Edited by numskull

Warranty cover or not... Heated seats that don't work properly after 5 years is not "fit for purpose" under the sale of goods act.

Put some more pressure on and mention the sale of goods act to them.

Good luck!

The sale of goods act has been replaced by the consumer rights act. It would be a bad start to quote the wrong legislation

After 5 years you've got no chance , the dealer and the court will tell you to swivel. Next time buy a hyundai with 5 years unlimited warranty as standard or a kia with 7 years

Edited by peterposh