Skoda Fabia vrs gone bonkers!

Shazvrs

Hi

Just need some advise

Brought a Fabia vrs on a 53 plate with 140000 miles

All seemed fine apart from the glow plug light was on drove home plugged it into vag com and it come up with a brake light switch fault but the previous person had wired there own switch instead of the genuine one and feed a wire to both the rear brake lights and got the power from the fuse box board bit strange on why someone would do that when the switch is only a tenner

Replaced that and plugged it back to the original wiring so it was all sorted glow plug light went off

Locked the car and went inside after about a hour the alarm went off went to the car wipers are on!

So started it up and it went crazy all the lights come on the dash etc and when I went to switch it off the engine kept running without the key in the ignition !!

Disconnected the battery left it for 20mins then started her back up again everything went back to normal apart from the rear wiper stays on

And the oil pressure light comes on

Any help would be really appreciated

Thanks

Sounds like it needs an exorcism!?

Someone with experience on electrical gremlins should be along shortly to help! I can't say I have ever heard of anything like this before though. I hope you get it sorted easily and quickly.

JRJG

• Like 1

aha I think it does! & hoepfully will

Just got back from work and changed the battery to a new one all seems fine now the wipers are on all the time but I think that is the stalk maybe .

Isit normal for the oil light to come on when you leave the ignition on?

If I turn the ignition on after a min or so the car makes the warning sound and the oil pressure light starts flashing??

Thanks

Isit normal for the oil light to come on when you leave the ignition on?

If I turn the ignition on after a min or so the car makes the warning sound and the oil pressure light starts flashing??

Thanks

It should go out after a few seconds with ignition on. Have you checked the oil level?

Edited by TMB