"Daddy " Phantom....

sharkrider

right, my OE spec dv came today, along with a replacement N75. I started to fit them and we got hit by a massive storm... lovely. I persevered however!

results: obviously the noise from the forge item has gone, and MOST of the sudden cut in boost has gone, its still detectable, but at a much reduced rate, car drives much better, but feels a little "flat" especially mid range... The forge item had a blue spring in it, don't know if thats the right one, going to get a service kit, service the forge 007p , and then refit, see what effect that gets....

overall much happier..... even though it feels like 180bhp! lol...

mapped by dna tuning after the decat went on (both sensors in) , i have been talking to them on e-mail, they can't really do much without having the car for diagnostics, and they are too far from me, the cost in fuel would probably pay for work to be done up here lo...but they have been helpful and replied quickly, they suggested a smoke test to look for leaks... but the way its changed since I changed the 007p and the N75 suggests to me boost leaks are not the problem or it would have stayed the same...

don't know about code numbers..... when I looked at the big computer my tame mech was holding when he talked to the ECU it said the words on the screen "loss of boost pressure between turbo and throttle body " or something like that, there may have been numbers lol... map was only done last year :)

when I have some money, i may get a FMIC, and get it mapped again to stage 2.... change ALL the pipes so I know there is no leak.

its running well enough now, feels better, just a little flat....

Edited by sharkrider

found

17705 fault code sticky

it does sound like this is the code.... useful post, havent checked the sensor on top of the intercooler... the car has had N249 delete, and sai mapped out. Only thing left really is the actual pipework, maybe get it back up on the ramps at my tame mechs, give EVERY pipe a going over....

• Like 1

ordered a green spring too ..... tried disconnecting the maf this morning, made no difference..... car seem to be running reasonably well though..

and who said rainsport tyres were good?! lol... either they are 10x worse than people say, or the electronic diff on the fabia is 10x better than people say, as I cannot put my foot down in 2nd gear at all , at any revs, without immediately breaking into wheelspin :o

ordered a green spring too ..... tried disconnecting the maf this morning, made no difference..... car seem to be running reasonably well though..

and who said rainsport tyres were good?! lol... either they are 10x worse than people say, or the electronic diff on the fabia is 10x better than people say, as I cannot put my foot down in 2nd gear at all , at any revs, without immediately breaking into wheelspin :o

My car with the wavetrac, in the wet on winters will spin up in 4th at 80mph. I don't think I want to try my car without the diff :)

• Like 1

My car with the wavetrac, in the wet on winters will spin up in 4th at 80mph. I don't think I want to try my car without the diff :)

I overtook someone off a roundabout today, and when I changed to third got wheelspin :o Think I may have to go for sticky tyres come summertime!

I overtook someone off a roundabout today, and when I changed to third got wheelspin :o Think I may have to go for sticky tyres come summertime!

I had RS3s on the Celica and in the damp + cold found them lacking. Warm + WET or Warm + Dry they are very good though. Cold + properly wet they are better than in the damp imho.

• Like 1

well, my service kit , and green spring arrived today..... the car is running quite well, but i am going to service the 007p and put the green spring on, to see if that improves things any ....

been about 100 miles today, now I have the vibration sorted, and the power smooth (almost) I can enjoy the car! It has been nice driving it today, kinda reminds me of my old lancia Thema turbo! soft but fast :)

all it needs now is a sharper front end, (I have reserved a set of lower wishbones with polybushes) , another 50 bhp, and some proper tyres ! lol..... (still don't like the rainsports)

• Like 1

well, I'm finally happy with the car for now.... serviced the 007p today... new piston (with an o-ring the old piston didn't have) replaced the three o-rings in the unit, greased it all with the proper grease, and refitted....

result! car accelerates properly now, smooth with no dips, feels like 200bhp so power should be reasonable, slight flat spot around 4k, but thats the worst i can say!

next, proper tyres, and polybushed wishbones...... get rid of some of the woolliness.

• Like 2

time to de-badge the back! ...

before...

IMG_1332.jpg

after , looks miles better in my opinion...

IMG_1333.jpg

sadly not close up :( paint is damaged, this isn't "gunk" somehow the paint is "pitted" around the outline of where the badges were.... I either need a sticker, or a repaint! this wont polish out (and no I didn't do the scratches, they were already there !)

IMG_1334.jpg

• Like 1

next job on the Octy... it has tried to kill me a few times, as we have a problem with the boot...

IMG_1341.jpg

problem is pretty obvious... the (nearly 15 year old!) dampers are worn, leaking, nasty, buggered...

IMG_1343.jpg

got a couple of new ones from flea bay, at a very reasonable £14 with 2 year guarantee.... gas struts... and all you need to change them is a flat head screwdriver....

IMG_1342.jpg

new damper on, looks miles better!

IMG_1345.jpg

Yay! a safe boot without the Guillotine effect! lol.... (these boots are bloody heavy!) one of the easiest car DIY jobs I have ever done! and a great improvement!

IMG_1346.jpg

• Like 1