"Daddy " Phantom....

sharkrider

two new tyres in an effort to fix my poor grip! chunky, fill the arches nice, look better in 225/45/17 flavor!

IMG_1358.jpg

looking better, and feeling better on the road!

IMG_1359.jpg

grip at last! (at least on the back...)

IMG_1360.jpg

I got the destroyed rainsports off the front, put these on the back, and put the "good" rainsports on the front (should be able to wear them out in about 3,000 miles if the reviews are right) they needed some work, they used to go down, my tyre tech said they were not "seated" properly, and fixed it, he reported no leaks now...

2x almost new RSR's being picked up at castle coomb to replace the rainsports on the front....

car feels better as it is, should be awesome once the matched set of RSR's go on :)

Edited by sharkrider

ok, a little update today, replaced the dull yellow sidelights with some bright phillips replacement :) looks better, and brighter :) right one is the new bulb, left the old... checked all my lights while I was at it, anyone know what the projectors are for, as they dont seem to do anything! :o

IMG_1370.jpg

• Like 1

Ahhh I see, I would also need to buy an HID kit ? then these projectors would go into the space where the H4 bulb is.....

think I would probably just stick some H4 phillips xtream bulbs in there ;) headlights don't seem too bad, don't know if they already have uprated bulbs....

Edited by sharkrider

Good build so far mate,

Car looks like it was a good spec when you bought it, I sometimes feel when buying a already modified car you spend more time fixing someone else's mistakes rather than making your oun lol

Realy nice car tho, need to get mine up to standard asap :-(

Edited by marko pollo
  • Like 1

yeah, its really ready for a FMIC and a stage 2 map! ..... still have a boost leak somewhere tho , and replacing the inter-cooler will probably fix that :)

I'm going straight for the "stage 2" with supporting mods of:

Fmic,

De-cat,

Full ss system,

N75 deleted,

Secondary air deleted,

007p or splitter valve,

Bam inlet,

Induction relocated,

And more to boot lol

Shame it will take months as I'm getting married in Jun so all the extra chash is going there lol

Edited by marko pollo

Interesting read.. nice car too  B)  :beer:

Just seen this - looks like a good option :thumbup:

Enjoy!

Thanks guys :)

I'm going straight for the "stage 2" with supporting mods of:

Fmic,

De-cat,

Full ss system,

N75 deleted,

Secondary air deleted,

007p or splitter valve,

Bam inlet,

Induction relocated,

And more to boot lol

Shame it will take months as I'm getting married in Jun so all the extra chash is going there lol

I will be interested to watch the N75 delete... I will be trying that too, to try and help with the boost issues...

and we have an addition to the family due in June, so yeah, no money here either! lol....

Had a quick shufty at pimpmyskoda last night and got majorly confused about the simplifications.. might make more sense if I had a car in front of me, hopefully.

rear washer stopped working the other day , was working when I bought the car.... no water to the pipe at the wiper motor.... motor in the washer tank working.... given up (in the cold today ) trying to even find where the pipe goes, let alone where the break is :(

annoyed and ****ed off :(

Right concentration? Could have popped a connection if it's frozen at any point along the run.

On the Fabia Mk1, the favourite place it would pop was just at the engine bulkhead. Look out for washer fluid underneath the car, when you test it.

• Like 2