Rear Number plate LEDs

Evening all. I love the look of my Superb , but I feel the rear end could look a bit cleaner by replacing the rear number plate lights with LED ones.

Can anyone recommend some good ones, that 1.) Don't cause a light on the dash to come on, 2.) Aren't silly bright, actually whiting out the number plate.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Hi, I had the same idea and have tried a number of LEDs for park lights, number plate lights, and interior lights. I used CANBUS compatible LED bulbs recommended by others. What I found was the LEDs in the parks lights started to discolour the reflector, overheating it. I took these out quickly. The overhead interior lights were far too bright for use when the car was moving, the foot well ones went from bright white to a shade of spotty purple after a few weeks, and I had a few failures of the bulbs too (so went back to the standard bulbs). Lastly, the number plate bulbs DID work OK, but I lost one inside the boot as the spring clip holder was not tight enough. 

You can find some info on the interior lights here:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/375005-footwell-lights-bulb-replacing/

and other member's LED recommendations here:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/246970-led-bulb-upgrades-for-superb-ii/

Good luck.

• Like 1

I'm also looking to doing this too mine, has anyone fitted oem leds & coded them in as i don't want too use after market bulbs - i was told passat cc 1K8943021C maybe the same ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252273557984?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I've also been tempeted with this, and actually found genuine Skoda LED number plate units on ebay (think the m odel number was from a Yeti). I've read reports that around 2010/11 even if you activate LED Number Plate Lights in VCDS, the error still comes on the dash?

As far as I'm aware, It'll depend if your BCM supports LEDs or not. If it does, then it's easy to code out the error.

I believe that 1K0937087P should support LEDs and I know that 1K0937087Q/R definitely do. Anything earlier will almost certainly give you bulb out warnings regardless of coding.

If you do have an earlier module then you'll need load resistors or have both the LEDs and original bulbs connected.

Mounted SkodaLED on my 2012 Superb. Added new connectors (different after week 45, 2013...) and wires. Also coded in VCDS, so no bulbwarning.
Works great!

Homemade wiring and connectors and original Skoda LED:

64010.jpg

64011.jpg

2 packs LED-lights:       000 052 110

64012.jpg

2 packs  plugs:              4B0 971 832

64013.jpg

2 packs female plugs:   535 972 712

64014.jpg

1 pack wiringset:           000 979 009 E

64015.jpg

1 pack wiringset:           000 979 132 E

64016.jpg

64009.jpg

Edited by Individual

As far as I'm aware, It'll depend if your BCM supports LEDs or not. If it does, then it's easy to code out the error.

I believe that 1K0937087P should support LEDs and I know that 1K0937087Q/R definitely do. Anything earlier will almost certainly give you bulb out warnings regardless of coding.

If you do have an earlier module then you'll need load resistors or have both the LEDs and original bulbs connected.

Excuse my ignorance, but what are these codes? Is one for pre

-facelift and one for post?

Excuse my ignorance, but what are these codes? Is one for pre

-facelift and one for post?

Short version.

They are all part numbers for the BCM (body control module) which controls for all the car's exterior lighting amongst other things.

The first version (in around 2007?) was 1K0937087 and over time it has been improved with new functionally being added. With each revision the part number changed to 1K0937087A, 1K0937087B, 1K0937087C etc. LED lighting was introduced as an option around MY11/MY12 so at this point the BCM needed to support LED lighting. I think that 1K0937087P might have been the first module to support LEDs but I know that 1K0937087Q certainly does as I have one fitted to my Octavia.

I'm pretty sure that all MK2 Superbs will have some variant of the 1K0937087 BCM and cars from around 2011/2012 should also have a BCM capable of supporting LEDs assuming they are coded properly and do have a P rev or newer BCM.

Tried fitting canbus LED bulbs to my MY11 twindoor after I bought it in 2014 and I got a bulb warning. Then had the LED number plate function enabled in VCDS and still got the bulb warning so it's not necessarily an easy mod. It can be done but more than likely on preFL cars it will need resister packs to work correctly which I couldn't be bothered with doing.

On FL cars I believe the number plate LED option in VCDS works fine.

• Like 1

Anyone tried these?

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/SUPERB-II/Superb-II-Combi-MEGA-POWER-LED-licence-plate-lights-system-KI-R

I had them in my Octavia and worked perfectly

G

That's good to know. Those are the ones I had seen originally when searching. It says they're 'mega powered'. Are they not too bright and white out the number plate?

That's good to know. Those are the ones I had seen originally when searching. It says they're 'mega powered'. Are they not too bright and white out the number plate?

I found them to be decent on my Octavia, a lot brighter than OEM, but freshen up the rear.

G

I'm also looking to doing this too mine, has anyone fitted oem leds & coded them in as i don't want too use after market bulbs - i was told passat cc 1K8943021C maybe the same ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252273557984?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I tried these for my 63 plate Superb. They DID NOT fit. I thunk they are still kicking around in my shed somewhere! 

These are the ones i fitted to my FL: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/312293-oe-led-number-plate-lamps-fitted/

Any surgestions for updating the very poor reversing lights, on a 59 plate

I've tried several pairs now and none have been can bus friendly. Still searching for some! I believe some people have been successful with 80w crees

Short version.

They are all part numbers for the BCM (body control module) which controls for all the car's exterior lighting amongst other things.

The first version (in around 2007?) was 1K0937087 and over time it has been improved with new functionally being added. With each revision the part number changed to 1K0937087A, 1K0937087B, 1K0937087C etc. LED lighting was introduced as an option around MY11/MY12 so at this point the BCM needed to support LED lighting. I think that 1K0937087P might have been the first module to support LEDs but I know that 1K0937087Q certainly does as I have one fitted to my Octavia.

I'm pretty sure that all MK2 Superbs will have some variant of the 1K0937087 BCM and cars from around 2011/2012 should also have a BCM capable of supporting LEDs assuming they are coded properly and do have a P rev or newer BCM.

Not so familiar with these, so have to ask...

How to tell which BCM revision I have? Will VCDS Auto-Scan reveal this and which Part No I should look into: SW, HW, Component or Revision?

Not so familiar with these, so have to ask...

How to tell which BCM revision I have? Will VCDS Auto-Scan reveal this and which Part No I should look into: SW, HW, Component or Revision?

An autoscan will tell you, look for address 09 and it should give you something like this:

Address 09: Cent. Elect. (J519) Labels: 1K0-937-08x-09.clb
Part No SW: 1K0 937 087 R HW: 1K0 937 087 Q
Component: BCM PQ35 H 110 0651

In this case, it's a 1K0937087Q module that's been flashed with 1K0937087R. It has hardware revision 110 and software 0651.

An autoscan will tell you, look for address 09 and it should give you something like this:

Address 09: Cent. Elect. (J519) Labels: 1K0-937-08x-09.clb
Part No SW: 1K0 937 087 R HW: 1K0 937 087 Q
Component: BCM PQ35 H 110 0651

In this case, it's a 1K0937087Q module that's been flashed with 1K0937087R. It has hardware revision 110 and software 0651.

So it's a no go for me... 

Address 09: Cent. Elect. (J519)       Labels: 1K0-937-08x-09.clb
   Part No SW: 1K0 937 087 AE    HW: 1K0 937 087 AE
   Component: BCM PQ35  H+  111 0709

Should have seen it that I have to do this (license plate leds) hard way.

So it's a no go for me... 

Address 09: Cent. Elect. (J519)       Labels: 1K0-937-08x-09.clb
   Part No SW: 1K0 937 087 AE    HW: 1K0 937 087 AE
   Component: BCM PQ35  H+  111 0709

Should have seen it that I have to do this (license plate leds) hard way.

An AE rev should be able to support LEDs without load resistors. It's a newer part than the P/Q/R rev's :)

An AE rev should be able to support LEDs without load resistors. It's a newer part than the P/Q/R rev's :)

Say what!?! Nice! Didn't see that coming.

Thanks for the info! :thumbup:

I've ordered a set from Superskoda. I'll let you all know how I get on with them. Thanks all for your input. It's a bit of a minefield, I didn't realise how complicated it potentially could be!

Edited by macmillions
  • Like 1

I've ordered a set from Superskoda. I'll let you all know how I get on with them. Thanks all for your input. It's a bit of a minefield, I didn't realise how complicated it potentially could be!

Me too, order the other day and they've been dispatched

G

• 2 years later...