Help on Driver's Lock (Left Hand Drive)

stratosg

Hi everyone. My door's lock started playing up a few days ago. Firstly it was when I opened my door when engine was running or when the key was turned on first scale (ignition on before turning the engine on). Then I heard a sound of double tak just like the sound when we unlock the car by pressing the internal lock - unlock switch in front of the gear stick.

Since yesterday, this sound appears only when I am turning the key to position one (dash lights on and checking but engine still off). I can lock the car using remote or key but I am unable to use the safety function (the one that you can press the lock button again within two seconds).

In any situation the in car lock - unlock switch is functional but sometimes won't unlock or when unlocking the unlocking sound (tak) from locks is performed twice.

Diagnostic showed intermittent signal from driver's lock. I am told that I have to replace the lock and that there is no compatibility with other VAG including Skoda cars and I had to buy a new one at about 150 to 200 euros.

So you are kindly requested to inform me if I the above statement is true or there is compatibility with other cars e.g. Fabia MK II 03-2010 ->

As you can see from my avatar, my Roomster is a 2010 1.2 77KW one.

Thanks in advance.

it fits fabias of the same year on the assumption it has remote locking like your roomster has 

door lock
for vehicles with central locking system
for models with radio remote control central locking system
D - 07.12.2009>> 5J1837015 -

left lhd

• Like 1

I'll look the part number up for you

it fits fabias of the same year on the assumption it has remote locking like your roomster has

door lock

for vehicles with central locking system

for models with radio remote control central locking system

D - 07.12.2009>> 5J1837015 -

left lhd

plenty on the internet without paying sky high prices

Thank you very much for your replies I really appreciate it. Now I feel quite relaxed as Roomster is not that famous in Greece as Fabia is.

That's why I love Briskoda. Because there you can find great Briskodians.

Edited by stratosg
  • Like 1

Thank you very much for your replies I really appreciate it. Now I feel quite relaxed as Roomster is not that famous in Greece as Fabia is.

That's why I love Briskoda. Because there you can find great Briskodians.

if you find one in the uk and they wont ship to greece let me know and i'll buy it and ship it on for you 

• Like 1

if you find one in the uk and they wont ship to greece let me know and i'll buy it and ship it on for you 

Thank you very much. I will leave it for now as something else occurred and money went there (Murphy Laws seems running well). But if it gets worse then I will use the info you gave me. I have never had problems ordering goods from U.K. as all sellers had no problem sending items to Greece. The funny stuff is that goods came to my door in three days using the simple Royal Mail services and never courier services. This is faster than ordering from Greece.

Anyway, if anything goes wrong I will use your kind offer. Thank you very much.

just as a thought are you sure it is the lock and not the wiring in the door to the body 

Diagnostics says it is the lock. Diagnosis was for free. Checking wires was not. So I have to remove the bellows from A-pillar and check. To be honest I am afraid to detach the bellows as I do not know how to do it and I am afraid of breaking clips and having moisture issues later. But I am afraid I have to do it.

On the other hand, if it is wiring issues, is it possible to solder those wires or connect them back again without any issues ? I have no idea about these things.

• Like 1

There will be enough freeplay in the wiring to resolder or if needs be build a short loom and solder one by one each of the wires

If your soldering skills are not great I'm sure a decent garage wouldn't charge too much after all you will have diagnosed and found the fault for free

There was a thread on the board on how to do do it I'm on my mobile at the minute so I'll have look for a link when I get home

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Ressurection... Just for the history.

After a year I have done nothing as things keeps consuming time and money elsewhere. On the other hand my door lock did. She stopped responding to the remote.

Case 1. When trying to lock the car, everything seems to work fine, blinkers flashes and the red little light on the door flashes as should. BUT there is always a but. Driver's door (do not forget I drive a left hand drive) keeps openning while the red blinker reports locked door. Even the inner lights, lights up and the dash board comes up as if the car was unlocked.

Case 2. When trying to unlock the car, everything seems to work fine, blinkers flashes BUT I hear an extra "tak" sound. All doors unlocks except mine.

In any cases key does the job and works as should. In any cases when I turn the ignition to position I (where dash lights comes up) there is a double "tak" sound from the lock.

Beyond locking and unlocking issue everything else works as should, I mean using the key or the remote windows goes up and down respectively.

Edited by stratosg

• 1 year later...

Resurrection again, after a lot of months the problem fixed.

The culprit were some broken cables within the A-pillar's bellow. Problem found and fixed in a local dealership during last spring or summer, but I totaly forgot that thread. The guy there just soldered the cables and afterward wrapped them with duct tape. Cost was 20 euros only. No problems since then.

So, I am deeply sorry for being that late to report the final solution of the problem.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Robjon said:

It is good to know you have fixed the problem.  I wish the guys at our UK dealerships were as skilled and cooperative as yours in Greece!

Not all of them. It took me more than ten years to discover such a dealership. And it is more than 200Km away from my home. So I use them when in trip on their prefecture.

And I assume that they have such an attitude due to their love for cars and motorsport. They are not "just" bussinessmen.

Edited by stratosg
  • Like 2