Provisionally ordered

Delkay

Hello everyone.

I'm a new convert to the brand, and have ordered a Yeti SE L 2.0TDi 4X4 DSG.

I have yet to confirm colour for a factory build, but I think I'm going for Jungle Green having spent a lifetime with grey and black BMW's and Mercedes.

I was offered a similar deal for a 1.4TSi L&K manual, and I have test driven an Octavia with that engine. I found it very smooth, quiet and responsive, but missed the surge of torque I'm used to with a diesel. (My current golf being one of the "cheat" cars).

The door is still open for me to go for the 1.4, but I have to confirm very soon for factory order.

I do intend tow tow a small caravan going forward, and would welcome any comments on the agonising choice of model and colour!

By the way, the staff at Hortons in Lincoln are excellent. Nothing has been too much trouble.

Thank you

By the way, the staff at Hortons in Lincoln are excellent. Nothing has been too much trouble.

Thank you

Not Hortons but the same with my dealer until after they got my money. Just another number then.

Welcome Delkay.

Good choice (dealer and car),especially for towing.

We have a 150tdi SEL manual in jungle green with Gobi leather.

It's just coming up to 9000 miles and no problems.

I think I'm going to swap the silver door mirror covers for black though.

I think the floodwater brown dash trim will have to go as well... :smirk:

Welcome Delkay.

Good choice (dealer and car),especially for towing.

We have a 150tdi SEL manual in jungle green with Gobi leather.

It's just coming up to 9000 miles and no problems.

I think I'm going to swap the silver door mirror covers for black though.

I think the floodwater brown dash trim will have to go as well... :smirk:

Thanks Ian, that's good to hear. I considered the lighter interior too, but I think I'll plump for "safe" black.

My Golf has brilliant mpg, averaging 50 plus and more on runs. I'm assuming especially with DSG I will be in the mid 40' s on average.

Do you know what your achieving with yours?

I have a 1.4L&K, having had Audi A3 1.TDIs in the past and do notice the lack of torque in comparison, but find that a judicial dropping of the gear and that solves the problem neatly, though I've not towed anything with it.

I'm continually impressed with how strong that 1,4 engine is as long as you use it with some thought rather than just relying on the torque to pull through in any gear. I like a manual box for that reason: makes it a more entertaining drive and oh-so-satisfying when you judge exactly the right gear for the right occasion and then the car leaps away.

I find the same with Horton's, now on 2nd car from them.

They keep you up to date with the build and delivery process very well.

Also I had a problem with the TMC messages not appearing on the sat-nav and as far as I know everybody with a post October 2014 did too, Horton's provided me with a courtesy car but sorted it out for me in a couple of hours and have provided the solution to other dealers. As you say they give excellent customer service.

Hello Delkay, and welcome.

Good choice of colour, really love ours.

Was only thinking the other day, when we come to change ours what colour to go with.

The 2ltr Diesel is an excellent choice. 

Wifee would like Black, but I'm thinking Jungle Green again.

Much prefer the manual gearbox, and there is no need for a 4x4 down here. Snow, I only know its white.....

Enjoy the car when you get it.

We will need pictures.

Delkay,

what caravan are you looking at?  We have a 2.0L 110bhp 2wd diesel to tow our 900kg eriba. I thought about the 1.2 petrol but discounted it as although I knew it would cope I also realised my next van at 1200kg would be a strain. If the 1.4 petrol had been available I think I would have gone for it as my annual mileage is low at 8,000, even though my towing mileage still accounts for about a quarter of this . However, if finance is not a key concern I would say sod it, and go for the 150hp 4x4 and enjoy the experience. At the end of the day I think this a matter of what you need against what you would like.

Colin

Hi Colin

We're not sure what 'van we will go for. We sold our motorhome last June and so far we haven't missed it.

However we do miss weekends away with brother in law and we may buy a cheapie for those occasions, and the odd foray abroad.

We don't want to invest a lot into a caravan... It s very much an afterthought.

The reason I went for the 2.0 150 TDi 4X4, is simply because I have the predecessor 140 PS engine in my Golf and it's a cracker.

I also wanted DSG, hence the choice.

I retired a year gone September, sold my company and handed back my E350 and bought the Golf as an interim car but I've loved it. Next door has a Yeti L&K, and I like the Skoda brand, so we decided to go for it!

I'm sure I won't be dissapointed:-)

• 1 month later...

On the SEL 1.2 DSG I will hopefully be driving next week, I opted for Jungle Green as it looks smart and importantly doesn't show up the dirt as some colours do.  I also opted for the safe, and perhaps boring black for the interior, as I know the lighter colour will quickly get dingy.