Replace original Double DIN on Octavia II L&K Diesel 1.9 TDI

Hi

I have an 06 reg Skoda Octavia II L&K Diesel 1.9 TDI, I would ideally like to un-clutter my Dash by removing the sat-nav and bluetooth hands free etc and replacing the existing radio/CD player with something that combines the sat-nav, DAB radio, bluetooth with Full iPhone compatibility, dvd and SD card and video playback, but i would also like to keep the connectivity with the steering wheel and ideally but not essentially the 6 CD multi-changer in the boot. Added bonuses would be a digital tv tuner (i know these don't work while driving but spend a lot of time in my car)

I've found several Radio head units online that do some of the job but not all of the job, some work with the iPhone but not with the CD multi-changer and some vice versa, some say the work with both and then when it actually comes to it they dont work with either or the sat-nav is some brand i've never heard of and cant be updated or is an illegal copy of a named brand.

Any advice on what to buy and where to go without spending £1000's which is what i'm being quoted by many car audio people and even then i'm being offered a solution that only does part of the job.

What do you mean by "full iPhone compatibility"?

Most modern radios with Bluetooth will generally allow connectivity to any phone to allow handsfree calling through the stereo.

I think you will be struggling to find an aftermarket unit that will allow you to retain the existing cd multichanger as not all changer connections are the same. I think the only way to retain this would be a skoda or other vw group unit.

I could be wrong but I have never found an aftermarket head unit that allows the original manufacturer's multichanger to be kept.

• 2 weeks later...

Later Columbus (RNS510) units and a VW Bluetooth unit. Does everything and integrates with the MaxiDot too. Not cheap, but OEM, so you'll know it all works with the car ;)

Some of the ANS units might do everything you want.