superb mk1 2006 2.0tdi

Jeff66

can anybody help with a very annoying front drivers side windscreen wiper that appears to judder on the down wipe. I have changed the blade but to no avail it makes a horrible noise any help welcomed. 

If it's still doing it after a change of wiper, that suggests it's the screen, or rather something on it.  Have you tried giving it a clean with neat screen wash or a proprietary glass cleaner?

Gaz

Usually this is caused by a twisted wiper arm.  It can be realigned by using a pair of pliers to hold the wiper arm and twisting in the appropriate direction.

Turn off the ignition when the wiper arm is in its down stroke and look carefully at the blade and screen to see which way it needs to be twisted; or just try one way and then the other!

I thought WD40 is a cleaning / freeing oil - ie not to be used for actual lubrication?

And although a Water Disperser, its long term effects are actually detrimental without other lubrication.  3 in 1 will be better, but will run.  Better off using a grease if you can, such as lithium or HMP, but anything really - vaseline even.

Gaz

When I went to TPS and asked for something suitable, they gave me a large can of Quantum spray grease, as used for door locks, hinges, etc.  It is quite good as it travels reasonably far from the nozzle so you can get it into nooks and crannies. 

ZGB00QCLG500-large.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...