4 Year old yeti and might need a new gearbox

goldiiman

4x4, 2.0 TDI 170hp, 6 speed Manual, 33k

After a normal 33k service (without any knowing issues) the dealer said they found an oil leak in the gearbox, they suspect that there has been a major clutch failure and that it has damaged the gearbox housing. they are going to take out the starter motor and put in a camera. The dealer then showed my photos of someone else who had the same failure, if it looks the same they will look into fixing it.. under "goodwill" was mentions. I have seen other forum with the same looking damage.

As I am out of warranty I am going to need to ensure I show a patten of failures and that this is a manufacturing issue and so will be covered by Skoda.

I have done some digging around and seen a lot of people complain of DSG auto issues, a few dual mass flywheel issues.

If anyway has had issues around clutch or gearbox in the past if would be interesting to hear from you

thanks

Martin