Yeti 140/170 4x4 mpg vs Scout 2.0 CR mpg

j66jbo

Hi guys. First post on here as a prospective Yeti owner. 

I have been looking at yeti's for some time as they make a lot of sense for my use. My parents have had a Scout for 5 years now and it was one of the very first with the common rail engine. For a 4x4 estate it gives incredible fuel economy - on a run it is usually high 50's in to low 60's with ease. Given I am doing over 30,000 miles per year this is massively appealing and has made me wonder if perhaps a Scout would make more sense (I will be buying a second hand car). I know the Yeti is a less economical shape but has anyone had the use of both cars and can tell me how the fuel economy compares?

Many thanks!

We have a 2008 TDi Scout and a 140 Outdoor Yeti with DSG . The Scout averages 48-54 whilst the Yeti achieves 44-49 . So bearing mind that a CR Scout and a manual Yeti would both be more economical ,

the figures nevertheless may give you one example of how the two cars might compare , relatively .

More importantly , the Yeti is a delight to drive which my wife will also confirm , but the Scout is far more fun for me , in extremis . 

• 3 weeks later...

Can't comment on the Scout but I've driven our old Yeti 110TDi in all conditions and it's great on fuel. It'll sing all day on the motorway, well above 70, and still provide great economy. Going by the book figured the 140 and 170 should be more impressive.