passneger door deadlocked and wing mirror not working

Hi, i need some help. My passenger door is deadlocked, it will not open from the inside or outside, also the wing mirror is not working, i think this is an electrical fault. I removed the door card (without breaking all the clips) and had a look at the connector going into the window motor, everything looks ok.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, main dealer have quoted €750!!

If you can get panel off you should be able to pull the cable attached to the door lock asm and manually open it . I would say you have a break in the loom somewhere . This is common as water ingress can cause corrosion . Also could be wire travelling through the A pillar to door...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the panel off, when i pull the cable the silver button lifts up and goes straight back down when i let it go but the door still wont open. I cant seem to find any damaged wires around the door, would you have any idea what colour wire i need to be checking for power? Does the power run through the plug at the window motor?

worth a look at condition of pins inside the big plug that goes onto the control unit attacked to window motor, water ingress can cause all sorts of issues in there (don't I frigging know!).

20150219_131550.jpg 20150219_131449.jpg

post-121531-14550342390009_thumb.jpg

Your door unit is knackered. Usually the soldered connection's inside the actual lock give up. You will see in this picture where they break up. If you can't open the door you will have to smash the lock housing to piece's to open the door and then change the lock.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thanks, i changed the lock today, connected eveything back up but the door wont lock with the fob or central locking button on drivers door. I have to push the button down to lock it. Any ideas?

Thanks, i changed the lock today, connected eveything back up but the door wont lock with the fob or central locking button on drivers door. I have to push the button down to lock it. Any ideas?

Door lock microswitch?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

microswitch is in the lock assembly, so hes changed that i doubt it..

Id be say loom break or short in the pillar connector if the mirror isnt working either.

Disconnected the battery this morning and spent 2 hours looking for damaged cables, still not working. This might sound a bit stupid but when i lock the rest of the doors all the silver buttoms sit flush into the door, when i push down the button on the passenger door it locks but the button sits a bit higher than the rest of them. I think im going to give in and sent it in somewhere, can anyone recommend a good mechanic in dublin.