switch on B-post

aernala

Just noticed the little switch/button near the base of the B post on the driver side.

Any suggestions for what it is for?

I know I could look at the owners manual but the members here are quicker

something to do with the side airbags maybe?

It disables part of the alarm system - I use it when I leave my dogs in the car so they don't set the alarm off when they move around but it will still go off if someone tries to break in. 

• Like 1

Like Paul says, it disables the ultrasonic and tilt detection so is ideal for leaving dogs etc in when locked for a while.
Its also useful if the car is being towed or on a ferry so movement does not activate the alarm.
It only works for 1 locking, if you use it any more it has to be pressed again.
You also get the same effect when the fob is pressed to lock twice within two seconds.

It disables part of the alarm system - I use it when I leave my dogs in the car so they don't set the alarm off when they move around but it will still go off if someone tries to break in. 

If they break in through the window it won't, not unless you have really clever sensors that can distinguish between dogs and people, but if you have left an angry dog inside that's probably enough any criminals

Edited by SuperbTWM
  • Like 1