Looking for a DA!

vrsRo55

Im on the hunt for a DA Dual Action Polisher kit,ready with pads and compound.

Or a good combo that's working for you.

Looked on ebay there's a few but would like some recommendations please.

Thanks

• Like 1

Evening buddy,

I got the DAS6-PRO last year with Meguires M105 & M205 compound & polish from Clean Your Car for a good price.

Never let me down up to now. Done my own & a few cars with it with great results.

Karl.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Bit out of my budget for a newbie...Ive just bought the above with some hexlogic chemical guys pads and poorboys SSR range.

The meguiars microfibre kit is specially designed to work with DA's.so guess who's going to beat the weather man up shortly lol.

Can't see them being too bad for occasional use. Not sure about the longevity of them though. You never know with these things - could be a gem, only one way to find out!

I would be worried about the vibrations from the cheaper versions. The DAS6 Pro isn't exactly smooth and that is quite an established machine.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Duren one 2kg 600watt looks comparable to the basic das6, maybe a teenie bit better ?  But can't see speed or throw.

The Argos one needs more info.  I asked last night about power, throw weight and speed, and also backing plate size..... Doubt I'll get any answers though.

Well i used my kit i bought and very pleased with results,i also ordered a clay pad.which worked wanders.ive got a few pics.this was just a quick going over by the way.i have no swirls at all! really chuffed.

Can't see them being too bad for occasional use. Not sure about the longevity of them though. You never know with these things - could be a gem, only one way to find out!

I would be worried about the vibrations from the cheaper versions. The DAS6 Pro isn't exactly smooth and that is quite an established machine.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

The Argos one has 2 year manufacturer warranty and Argos 1 years warranty. Maybe you can still buy that expended warranty at Argo? I knew a guy that had drill and he basically every year took it back (ie professionally broke it) , got a new one for 10 years in a row untill he wanted a upgrade, then put money too the next "break" hahaha.

• Like 1

The Argos one has 2 year manufacturer warranty and Argos 1 years warranty. Maybe you can still buy that expended warranty at Argo? I knew a guy that had drill and he basically every year took it back (ie professionally broke it) , got a new one for 10 years in a row untill he wanted a upgrade, then put money too the next "break" hahaha.

I have a friend who does this with his TV at another store that has good warranty, he started off with a 32" and a few years later he's got one of the newest 50" ones on the market and it hasn't cost him a penny

Spotted a review on Facebook for the Argos polisher guys - info below:-

"...some thoughts on the Argos DA, my first DA so I can't compare with others twice the price.

However, used it last weekend, and I still have both arms!

Very little vibration, didn't go too extreme, used Megs stage two from halfords as I had this on the shelf, bought a polishing pad and a wax pad (chem guys).

Also, you'll need to change the cable, with the cable supplied, you can only just put the plug in your back pocket! Changed it today for 10m!"

There was also a comment about 6.5" pads being best suited to the standard backing plate. Don't buy smaller.

Hope this helps the guys looking at this as a starter DA.

12717366_10207188086793924_1159474919199

12669443_10207188086753923_6367944023386

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Spotted a review on Facebook for the Argos polisher guys - info below:-

"...some thoughts on the Argos DA, my first DA so I can't compare with others twice the price.

However, used it last weekend, and I still have both arms!

Very little vibration, didn't go too extreme, used Megs stage two from halfords as I had this on the shelf, bought a polishing pad and a wax pad (chem guys).

Also, you'll need to change the cable, with the cable supplied, you can only just put the plug in your back pocket! Changed it today for 10m!"

There was also a comment about 6.5" pads being best suited to the standard backing plate. Don't buy smaller.

Hope this helps the guys looking at this as a starter DA.

12717366_10207188086793924_1159474919199

12669443_10207188086753923_6367944023386

My son and his fiancée have just purchased a used Kia Sportage and they asked me to get the paintwork back up to scratch. They arranged to visit us yesterday and I was up early to make a start on the car.  After completing two panels, my Meguiars DA started to go wrong and eventually would only work if I held it upside down. 

I had a quick check on the Argos website, I found that our local branch had one of these machines in stock, so took a gamble and bought one.  I was surprised at the apparent quality of the machine, so quickly changed the backing plate to 5" and got back to work on the Kia.  I have to say that for £55, I was mightily impressed with it.  The Megs machine is probably is slightly more powerful, but considering the difference in price, is certainly not worth three times the cost of the Argos machine, neither is it three times better.

My only criticism is the handle over the front of the machine, which looks as if it is adjustable, but isn't.  Anyway, their car was compounded, polished and waxed and the results were, in my opinion, well worth the effort.

I will be talking to Meguiars about my failed machine and hope that they can fix it.  To be honest, I have probably detailed no more than ten cars with it since purchase a couple of years ago and I am very aggrieved that it has gone wrong already.  I do expect a better quality product when I shell out a large quantity of my hard earned for it and it certainly hasn't lived up to expectations.  In the meantime, I will continue with the Argos DA, which, for the price, I heartily recommend.

• Like 4

My son and his fiancée have just purchased a used Kia Sportage and they asked me to get the paintwork back up to scratch. They arranged to visit us yesterday and I was up early to make a start on the car.  After completing two panels, my Meguiars DA started to go wrong and eventually would only work if I held it upside down. 

I had a quick check on the Argos website, I found that our local branch had one of these machines in stock, so took a gamble and bought one.  I was surprised at the apparent quality of the machine, so quickly changed the backing plate to 5" and got back to work on the Kia.  I have to say that for £55, I was mightily impressed with it.  The Megs machine is probably is slightly more powerful, but considering the difference in price, is certainly not worth three times the cost of the Argos machine, neither is it three times better.

My only criticism is the handle over the front of the machine, which looks as if it is adjustable, but isn't.  Anyway, their car was compounded, polished and waxed and the results were, in my opinion, well worth the effort.

I will be talking to Meguiars about my failed machine and hope that they can fix it.  To be honest, I have probably detailed no more than ten cars with it since purchase a couple of years ago and I am very aggrieved that it has gone wrong already.  I do expect a better quality product when I shell out a large quantity of my hard earned for it and it certainly hasn't lived up to expectations.  In the meantime, I will continue with the Argos DA, which, for the price, I heartily recommend.

Thanks for the comment and feedback on the Argos Machine - so far i havent heard many negatives at all.

Fingers crossed you make progress with Meguiars too of course; disappointing to hear about this early life failure.

Ceers,

Ste.

• Like 2