Retro fitting heated seats - where do these go

I'm fitting everything I need to wire in heated seats... Got the proper loom etc

I've got everything plugged in ready so the seats are all sorted, plugs and switches all good but I'm left with these...

image.jpg

image.jpg

The wire that's on its on I'm at a loss... They come with zero instructions so not a clue.

I'm guessing the one with the hole connection is going to be bolted down as an earth?

Never noticed the writing on them, the guides I checked all had coloured cables.

From what I've worked out...

Top - main live to fuse box

Next - lighting for switches

Next - control module

Next - control module

Next - earth

Next - live for other pin in fuse box

• Like 1

Well got the Control modul down (i think)

But not sure which pins they go in

image.jpg

image.jpg

Also it's just a maze of wires, going to test them all tomorrow to see if I can get a switched live so it only works when the ignition is on so the seats will still switch off when I take the key out.

so you have the same things also?

I've done some coding before for things like the alarm chirp, indicators flashing, auto closure etc but when i look at that im just confused...

what does "

• +00032 = Heated Front Seats installed"

even mean!

Yeah, its a poor excuse for a guide really since i need guiding :D just taking pictures as i go for future reference and so others can see how its done.

I've done some coding before for things like the alarm chirp, indicators flashing, auto closure etc but when i look at that im just confused...

what does "

• +00032 = Heated Front Seats installed"

even mean!

Yeah, its a poor excuse for a guide really since i need guiding :D just taking pictures as i go for future reference and so others can see how its done.

Just add that number to your existing code then recode the result.

• Like 1

any suggestions for the main live feed?

i can see a few lives (thick red wires) but idealy it will be from a switched live, im worried wiring the heated seats into a random switched live might be to heavy for whichever wire and cause a fire possibly?

Edited by hutchysrs50

I have Polo 9N leather seats (already have the heated elements in place from the factory) fitted to my Fabia and I have bought some secondhand heated switches.

I just need to purchase the Kufatec loom and wire it in/code it, it is just having the time to do it.

Sounds nice, would be a huge bonus already having the seats fitted with heating elements! sadly it wasnt even an option on the special edition so im douting any special edition is heated out there!

i'll take plenty more pictures and update the guide as i go tomorrow :thumbup:

• Like 1

all went well wiring them in, I used the switched live from the fans since it's a heavy duty cable that switches off when the ignition is switched off.

The right side of the fuse is the source also.

Took plenty of pictures.

Currently trying to code them in.

This does seem to be the most effort modification ( or retro fitment ) I've heard of perhaps 2nd to only trying to retrofitting the maxidot !

Only because I seem to recall reading loads ot threads about the seats but don't think I've come across a complete finished seat wiring solution thread ?

I guess this is the time to get the benefit from it though, but I never ever seem to feel that cold in my car to feel it warrants the effort this would take to fit to go through all this heartache !

( I've retrofitted cruise myself but this sounds like a bit of a ball ache If I'm honest, I'd need to get the switches and looms and work out the wiring, assuming my Recaro heating seat elements even work and can work out the wiring combinations and......I just can't be bothered ).

Good luck though, any knowledge surronding this would be definitely beneficial to all !

Just add that number to your existing code then recode the result.

Presumably works a bit like 8 bit binary by sounds of it ?

+32 is the part of the binary "bit" that presumably this seat on off bit ?

e.g.

1 2 4 8 16 32 64

0 0 0 0 0  1  0

so it you currently have 64 + 32 = 96 (which is bit 64 on and 32 on)?

Sounds like....just basic binary

• Like 1

Thanks, yeah I don't know anybody that's tried this and has then working 100% either. Only one member on here Sam, has done this but he's wired his slightly different.

Hopefully I can be the first 100% successful OEM retrofit as if it left the factory :)

• Like 1

It's the only wire I havnt plugged in yet, im worries incase it's to much or somthing.

Basically I've got a switched live wire feeding the fans. It's the same gauge wire as the heated seats and also has a 25amp fuse.

If I piggy back from that live am I then doubling the useable and possibly running up to 50amp with the fans and heated seats on through a wire designed for 25 amp?

I'll take a picture now and post it up

Edited by hutchysrs50

That puts my mind at ease a little more, I thought it was 25.

I've wired up the cables to the correct fuse point, 63, but the feed needs to come from somewhere still to feed the fuse.

The link doesn't work for me also.

For now I'm going to take the pin out of the fuse holder for the fans and put it into the heated seats and test them out. Then work out what to do!

Edited by hutchysrs50