Vacuum box buzzing

Dark_Hero

Ive read a few people say once it starts buzzing they have started to get boost problems.

Others have said they have buzzed for donkeys and had no issues.

so its hard to tell really, mine doesnt make any noise so im guessing its working as it should.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm so, it seems the issue is continuing. Carried on vibrating/ buzzing for about 30 seconds after turning off the car. Just as I got my phone out to record it it stopped

Edited by Dark_Hero

The three solenoids in the vacuum box control the ASV, EGR valve and the VNT actuator.

I'm probably betting two of those three are now redundant. Where as the EGR has probably been mapped out I doubt the ASV has. Have you bunged the end of the pipe? It would seem with the running on after the engine has stopped this would tie in with ASV operation (on a ASZ anyhow). The system will still try to pull vacuum down that line, I'm just wondering with it being blanked the solenoid ends up working overtime and then gets noisy.

• Like 1

The three solenoids in the vacuum box control the ASV, EGR valve and the VNT actuator.

I'm probably betting two of those three are now redundant. Where as the EGR has probably been mapped out I doubt the ASV has. Have you bunged the end of the pipe? It would seem with the running on after the engine has stopped this would tie in with ASV operation (on a ASZ anyhow). The system will still try to pull vacuum down that line, I'm just wondering with it being blanked the solenoid ends up working overtime and then gets noisy.

Interesting theory as most will have blanked them off by now. Possible other affects?

I think that wouldn't make any difference.  When there's an ASV on the end of that vacuum pipe, it's still a dead end, there's just a vacuum diaphragm at the end instead of a blank.

The micro filter will probably be on the intake that would normally go onto the air box.

Pretty sure that's an outlet for excess,only goes into air box to stop it making a noise?

Thanks Ross,

Yes the egr has been deleted and both pipes which ran to the egr have been blocked off.

The egr has been mapped out since 2012, so seems odd that it only started happening

The micro filter will probably be on the intake that would normally go onto the air box.

18219516703_00d76fed60_b.jpg

I still have the one going to the airbox, and then have the micro filter on the vaccum box. I have actually paid much attention too it as the previous owner fitted it.

You can't disconnect a single solenoid that they are all in one unit with one plug. You could de pin the plug to stop the input signal.

Skoda current flow diagram shows each solenoid in the vacuum box has its own internal 2-pin connector. Maybe the box is hard to open.