Seat's Yeti alternative - Ateca

Dr Zoidberg

That's one smart looking motor car. I'd certainly consider one especially the one with 187bhp.

My wife has a Seat Ibiza and it's a very well put together car, so this interests me.

Edited by PaveyArk

Good news for anyone who's been thinking "I'd like a car exactly like the new Tiguan but with less tasteful wheels and worse looking interior door handles". Or perhaps anyone who's been thinking they'd like a new Tiguan but would be too embarrassed to drive one because of this:

tiguan-wc2016-685.jpg?itok=GTAt37-w

Edited by Nick P

You're up late ))

Not sure I understand

I seem to remember a thread about new 'competitors' to the Yeti, and nearly every time they received damning comments that they all looked the same

I seem to remember a thread about new 'competitors' to the Yeti, and nearly every time they received damning comments that they all looked the same

It's getting so crowded in this market sector with, in particular, all the Asian competitors, it must be difficult to be recognisable any more.

The FL has now visually merged into the background front on, to me and the old fashioned side window line isn't for much longer I suspect.

I've given up trying to work out brands and models as there are just so many of them.

Hi to all. Well, I grew up in a time when a young lad could recognise a car from afar by its front radiator grille, or in some cases by its engine sound (bit like hearing a Scoobie coming nowadays perhaps!). I think the Yeti IS distinctive, indeed the original with separate DRL's even more so. If this make me a dinosaur, I'm not really bothered........

• Like 4

The SEAT will actually be built by Skoda in the Czech Republic, platform will definitely be the same as the Yeti2 but doesn't mean the bodyshell will be the same. Good chance it will though I suppose, some elements of it look quite Skodarey already.

Edited by RapidRonnie

Hmmm....187 BHP TDI manual. :notme:

Not so sure about the electric handbrake,huge wheels and yellow paint though.... :wonder:

That is the one thing I like about Seat, you can have some "adventurous" colours. I'd have a yellow Yeti tomorrow.

• Like 4

That is the one thing I like about Seat, you can have some "adventurous" colours. I'd have a yellow Yeti tomorrow.

I'm beyond worrying about what others think of my choice of colour.........after all, what not great about a camel?.

I agree SEAT have done some nice colours.

My Son had a Citigo in Sunflower yellow, that looked great.

When it was near the end of it's PCP I asked if the dealer was interested in having it back.

We went through the..." Oh dear , not that colour...worth much less" scenario.

We just gave it back to VW finance in the end.(very easy and no problems.)

Seat by Skoda! So the build quality ought to be good. They can practice on the Seat and get good at it before the new Yeti comes on stream to be even better.

Does the Ateca have the flexibility of current Yeti back seats? That was one of the main things that swayed me away from Qasqai back to Yeti, even though I paid more for the Yeti.

Two and a half years on and I'm still in love, had one of the clear 'foils' on outside of back door replaced under warranty, will wait until just before warranty expires to get replacement wheel centre badges (due to white worm) as they will only last a couple of years before going again. Oh! and the pen holding clip in the glove box un-clipped itself but I needn't call Skoda Assist on that one.......

Top notch reliability, as expected.

Loads of the styling cues are the same as the Superb 3. Bodyside profiling, headlight treatment, etc. It's not very difficult to see that with a Skoda grille on it.

Edited by Citigopher

Loads of the styling cues are the same as the Superb 3. Bodyside profiling, headlight treatment, etc. It's not very difficult to see that with a Skoda grille on it.

Agreed. It may appear first as a Seat, but this looks like it was designed by the same team as did the Superb III