Spare wheel tool kit

Kevin_Mc

This is something that's bothered me since i got the car, the little wheel nut cover removal tool doesn't seem to fit in the spare wheel kit. As far as i know it's the standard issue removal tool but it's too long to fit in the clip where (i think) it's meant to go.

Anyone got any ideas? I can take a picture of what i mean tomorrow.

I'd like to get all the wee holders filled, including the screwdriver and anything else that's missing.

Sorry, it's taken me forever to get a picture. The toolkit is missing the screwdriver and something else too which you can see below the screwdriver slot in the picture.

I know the jack is missing and my tyre is knackered, can you guess what happened to me this morning?

My nut cover removal tool is sitting on the wheel brace as described above but in my missus' Ibiza the gap for it looks a lot bigger, like my remover would fit in it completely. Her car doesn't have nut covers, they're part of the centre cap, but i'll try mine's in it at the weekend and see if it fits.

Does anyone know what goes in this gap?

image_zpsaleckgpo.jpeg

Edited by Kevin_Mc

OK I've had my SE from new and know what it came with. The plastic cap removal tool that you have on the brace isn't standard. Mine never came with one. Instead a kind Audi driver (yes you read that right) gave me his when he traded it in. The only other thing you are missing is the jack. Mine didn't come with a screwdriver or what ever else fits in there.

How did you ever get the nut covers off then?

They never came with a screwdriver you are correct.

The cars used to come off the transporter with the book packs on the front seat, a plastic bag had the following in it..

4 x alloy wheel centres

16 x normal nut covers

4 x locking nut covers

The cover removal tool was always in the spare wheel area in the boot on the wheel brace.

I spent years putting nut covers on and wheel centres in when we had a fabia valeted for the showroom as the valeters wouldn't do it! Used to drive me mad to see cars in showrooms with the covers missing! In truth the mechanics had to then remove all the nut covers to PDI the cars once sold but hey ho! LOL

Got a picture of mine today, seems to have a few empty places also.

What els is meant to be in the emply spaces?

i know the ring pull for the caps in the top right, butt heres plenty of other space with moulinds for whatever.

image.jpg

Edited by hutchysrs50

I was told you had to use the metal round clip to hook the caps...

No. that metal bent bit of wire stuff is used to get the alloy wheel centres off where they are fitted and have a hole in the middle, ie only the ones that cover the ends of the wheel bolts.

Remember not all parts are needed with all cars, the screwdriver/bolt spinner is handy.

Edit:- sorry, on some cars, the individual bolt covers have a hole in the centre, that bent wire thing is also for getting them off.

Another Edit:- the large diameter curved area will be to store the detachable towbar when supplied with the car.

Edited by rum4mo