ARB bracket nut ><

In the middle of "trying" to change my bushes ... both sides have been previously rounded off / coroded. Before i weild the grinder down on them can someone confirm that they are 13mm nuts? 

So im not left in no mans land with no nuts that are correct :P

Do you mean the captive, 8-sided nuts on the saddle bit?:

ARB%20saddle.png

If so, you don't undo those, you undo the bolts from that. They are an M8 thread, so 13mm nuts would/could work as replacements, but if you look carefully at that image, it seems like the thread goes deeper into the bracket than just the nut bit, so grinding off might not work.

Edited by Wino

Do you mean the captive, 8-sided nuts on the saddle bit?:

ARB%20saddle.png

If so, you don't undo those, you undo the bolts from that. They are an M8 thread, so 13mm nuts would/could work as replacements, but if you look carefully at that image, it seems like the thread goes deeper into the bracket than just the nut bit, so grinding off might not work.

Hmm now im confused ... are you saying there should be another bolt ontop of this captive?

On mine there is nothing else, just thread of a bolt sticking though... 

you cant be frickin serious!! 

I was hammering on a 12mm socket and wondering why the thing wouldn't budge!!

Good job i called it a day before i got the grinder on it, and it was at hand due to stubborn drop links... i did well to resist.  I just saw a nut and became tunnel visioned rofl.

Ah, sorry I missed the "looks like this" - so hopefully your car has the metal end stops!

These square nuts are, I think welded to the saddle bracket, the ones on Wino's picture, look suspiciously like a "nutsert" or some other form of clinch nut - I'd prefer to be dealing with a welded square nut a few years down the line!

Edited by rum4mo

Teach it who is boss!

J.

Lol ^^

Anyway, is that an original ARB with plastic end stops, are they not letting the ARB move sideways?

I stole the picture, thats not mine. Mine doesn't look like that. Its all in tack on mine, that actually look in good nick, but i won some super pros on the bay.

Put a jack under the outer end of the wishbone and push it all up out of the way.

Ive only got one jack,

Oh dear! yeah... just pack up tools mate.

How i fit a turbo/ intercoooler/ oil cooler/ head bolts ... ive no idea, based on this fail.. its only a matter of time till boom :P