Cupra r front end upgrade

jose91

Greeting from India. Have browsed through the whole website to know on the upgrade.Took a very long time for me to source the parts to India. And in the whole process I even got cheated by a fellow briskoda member, a very reputable one. Don't want to mention his name. All that I can tell is he's very popular in this form. Or atleast he was. Anyways back to business. I Have all the parts with me ready to go on to the car. Have the control arm, hub and the quick steering rack from Cupra r. Have all the essential parts required such as tie rod arms, ball joints etc. The thing that am confused with is the hub bearing. I know that TTQ/s3/LCR comes with a different drive shaft. And if my research is correct I should be able to press in my octavia bearing on to lcr hub and use the existing drive shaft. Correct me if am wrong. And I know that Cupra r comes with wheel bearings which is strengthened to use 18inch wheels. My question is will I be able to use the 18inch bearing on my car without changing the drive shaft to bolt type. PS am running lcr brembo. And have done the sub frame stiffening done by bowders1. The whole thing

Yes you can use the Lcr hubs and bearings, in the end of the hubs is a spacer which the stud of the Lcr tightens up to . To use the Octavia drive shafts you need to get this spacer out ,probably hammer and chisel /punch to remove it and it's a tight fit. Once removed you hub nut will fit and tighten to original drive shafts. Hope this is ok