Vrs starting habbits

MrTom

Hi guys.
Right so I'm after some info please. 
Had my thermostat and CTS done yesterday (genuine parts) and she holds her running temp like a dream now.
What I have noticed is when I start her up after I've just pulled over and the engine is at running temp. She still idles like she's cold for a minute. The secondary pump isn't running like when she's stone cold but the revs will be higher than what she normally idles at. 
Anyway I've attached a video and I apologise for it being a bit boring... but a picture paints a thousand words and all that. 
Thanks for any input and the weekend is nearly here! :)

https://youtu.be/gByuCb-PC4c

Thanks for the info bud. Why would those issues parts you have listed to check have an effect on the idle speed of the car for 1 minute after starting that settles down consistently? Not questioning your awnser just like to learn the whys as well as the hows.  :D 

cheers

A vacuum leak it will effect idle. Vacuum/boost pipe leaks are common on VAG 1.8T's & cause unstable idle. PCV issues can often cause idle problems too as will a broken/cracked dip stick holder which is part of the PCV system.

If you have access to VCDS/Vagcom I would have a look at the fuel trims as this can often highlight vacuum issues.