Skoda Independent Garage

Hi folks my questions not specifically Octavia orientated as I'm looking for a reputable Skoda Independent in or around the Motherwell or Lanarkshire area to service my Octavia as its now approaching its next service interval.

It would not have to be a Skoda indy, just find a good garage that you trust or have been recommended by people you trust.

If you find a good one, you will probably get a better (personal) service and cheaper.

How about getting the right oil for your car and supplying it to your garage? Same deal with the oil/pollen/air filter. 

The right VW spec. oil (504.00, 507.00 or whatever) is readily available from all over the place. 

If you've used the same garage for so many years and had no issues with them, I wouldn't risk trying somewhere new for the sake of a few litres of the black stuff. 

Hi Tilt, I've used the same garage for over 30 years for all my cars but they don't buy in an oil specific to the requirements of my engine I

As dstev2000 says.

I cannot see any reason they wouldn't go for this, especially as you know them.

Have a word with them first to be sure, but just make sure you purchase the right oil.

I use John at Bedrock in Orbiston Industrial Estate. He mainly deals with VW's but knows his stuff about all VAG cars and will use the correct oil.

Is he a 'Flintstone's' fan, by any chance? :giggle: .

Hi folk, bought the oil, oil filter and air filter from Euro Car Parts and a new sump plug from Autoparts and my local changed everything today for the grand total of £20 ... whilst up on the ramp he checked the suspension and brakes for leaks and the wheel bearings.... from start to finish it was about 45 minutes.

The paper work with car shows that the fuel filter was changed not that long ago and I changed the pollen filter myself just after I bought the car in July as I couldn't see anywhere it had been changed ... so I'll get them, or at least the fuel filter, done at the next service

City Centre Car Care on Bradford Street, Digbeth are a great bodyshop, however they do charge a premium. Have used them twice and the work has been excellent.

Alternatively, PJB in Aston have been recommended to me. They seem to do alot of work on the Xclusive Range Rovers brand and their work does look good. Cheaper than City Centre Car Care, so might be worth checking out.