Techie's new runabout

Tech1e

Picked up a little bargain runabout today. Not 100% sure what I am going to do with it, needs one or two bits but I loved driving it back from not so sunny Manchester this morning.

2B8F7622-D934-444D-965F-AFC2FE8424A0_zps

A few details,

1.4 16v AUB 2 stroke (may not be yet, oil level is ok etc, will see)

89k on the clock, heaps of history

MOT for the year

New exhaust

New tyres

Two remote keys

Water in the boot

Dry rear doors and carpets though

Edited by Tech1e
  • Like 2

A few more pics

D343F689-78DE-45C4-97DF-51FDB9B96C12_zps

F2F3A7CE-1A20-4485-9B42-517449FA2799_zps

3054BC71-9DBF-4816-8EE0-0619E464DD51_zps

The eagle eyed amongst you will spot the <05 MY rear lamp on the near side and the 05MY> lamp on the offside, the previous owner hadn't realised lol.

Also had a freebie in the glovebox, any ideas?

9917CDC9-B2EA-4E66-BD05-40F60FE48C1B_zps

Got a fair few parts in the unit to 'hop' it up a bit then see what I will do. If the Fabia Scout sells I may just keep it to mooch about in.

• Like 2

The saloon had to be one of the ugliest rear ends you could buy in 2002.

I hope it was cheap Ross ;)

The colour I really do like. Shame they didn't do the VRS in it.

• Like 1

I used to have a cd Walkman just like that, it went on a platform on the dash top. Does it have the tape on a lead adapter for the headphone jack? Used to think it was the bees knees.

Skoda used to force dealers to take these as mandatory demos back in the day, nearly always Cayenne metallic as well!

Trim wise was a classic, had chrome interior door handles, 5.5j steel wheels and trims off the comfort model and were always popular with the elderly LOL

In a bizarre weird way I've got a bit of a soft spot for them as they were so unloved new!!

• Like 1

Skoda used to force dealers to take these as mandatory demos back in the day, nearly always Cayenne metallic as well!

Trim wise was a classic, had chrome interior door handles, 5.5j steel wheels and trims off the comfort model and were always popular with the elderly LOL

In a bizarre weird way I've got a bit of a soft spot for them as they were so unloved new!!

You only like it because it has a rear end like your own!!! :D

Poor car really was hammered with the ugly stick by some evil designer,do you think they had issues in the work place and were trying to make Skoda a laughing stock............

Edited by coskev

Niiiice. 

I had a Polo saloon before my Fabia, and that was equally a good looker.

I think on the Fabia, if the top edge of the boot lid was squared, rather than rounded off it would look much better. 

• Like 1