dodgy starter?

hi all

im hoping someone can shed some light on a starting problem im having.car will start as normal for a week or two then will just crank over to slow to start, replaced the battery a month ago under warrenty thinking it was that but it obviously isnt.i have no charging light on the dash and indeed when it is running i have 14v showing on the tester, everything works as they should lights windows etc it just wont crank fast enough to start.i have taken the battery off the car and it is showing 12.6v.if jumped evrything is well for a week or so when it will do it again.could it be the starter?

I would check the wiring, make sure battery terminals are tight and clean the earth strap connection

I wouldn't hurt to disconnect the battery and take the terminals off the starter motor and clean them up with a wire brush and refit them.

If this doesn't work I would take the starter motor off and inspect the brushes/commutator and see how worn they are, however if your starter motor was on its last legs you would think bad starting would be more consistent but its not beyond the realms of possibility