Heated Washer Jet retrofit to Octavia Mk2 2004 - 2013

Eddie-NL

Parts Required

2x Heated Washer Nozzles - Part Number 1Z0 955 986

1x Loom which will fit either the Pre-facelift or Facelift

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/388571-octavia-2-2004-2013-heated-washer-loom-for-heated-washer-jets/

I removed my wipers and scuttle trim so I could clean in there, I already retrofitted heated washer jets to my car.

First thing is to remove the wipers

Pull the rubber seal away, then lift the plastic scuttle trim.

You will see 2x T30 Torx bolts that hold the metal trim in place. Remove these and the metal trim will lift out

Heated3_zpsruzhrbrn.jpg

Heated2_zps7mfux2t9.jpg

Heated4_zpscv96sz8r.jpg

Remove the 2x Plastic caps on the wiper arms, and remove the 2x nuts. Spray some WD40 and work them free or use a wiper arm puller.

Unplug the washer nozzles (this shows mine with the heated loom)

Heated5_zps7rft2c1q.jpg

You may want to remove the wiper motor, this is held in place with 2x T30 Torx Bolts

The loom should be routed as shown in red

Heated6_zpsx48owlzr.jpg

and should be taped or cable tied to prevent it moving into the wiper mechanism.

The loom is fed in to the cabin here

Heated7_zpsncowmlev.jpg

Once the loom is inside the wipers and scuttle panel can go back.

Should be fitted in this order

Refit the Wiper motor

Metal Scuttle trim

Plastic Scuttle trim, make sure the nozzles and the loom are connected and do not get in the wiper mechanism

Wiper arms, wiper blade lowest point should be 10mm from the windscreen base.

Inside, remove the Light switch. Push in the dial in when in the OFF position and turn to 12 o clock. The switch should come out

Prise the trims off (light switch side and the other side of the steering wheel)

Remove the 5x T20 Torx screws that hold the drivers side trim in place

PRE-FACELIFT

The Loom is wired into the fusebox on a switched Live, make sure it is a switched live or you will get battery drain.

Brown Wire needs to be Grounded.

For fusebox

http://www.my-gti.com/601/addition-of-extra-circuits-to-the-volkswagen-golf-jetta-passat-eos-scirocco-rabbit-fuse-box

FACELIFT

The Red wire goes into the BCM, PLUG A (BLACK) Pin 4 

Brown wire needs to be Grounded

The BCM needs to be coded, tick the box

Byte 12, Bit 6

vcds.jpg

Edited by Eddie-NL
  • Like 1

Nice guide Eddie. It says via left side turn signal....how do they work or how do you operate them. Are they automatic to temperature?

Strange way to list them, but it is definitely correct.

I fitted mine without coding as I thought it was temperature dependent. When we had a cold spell I checked them and they were not hot and there was no voltage. I then coded that and they worked

Strange way to list them, but it is definitely correct.

I fitted mine without coding as I thought it was temperature dependent. When we had a cold spell I checked them and they were not hot and there was no voltage. I then coded that and they worked

Thanks Eddie. I will have a little play once fitted and coded.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've got a heatshot which heats the screen wash. To move the scuttle panel upwards is it still necessary to remove the wipers? All I need to do is access the jets and plumb in the heatshot as close to them as possible. The wiring just goes back to the battery, so no issues there.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

hi Ed sorry to trouble you , if you can remember when i purchased the heated washer  jet loom from you a while back ? i have fitted the heated jets and threaded the loon through the bulkhead as pictured in you above diagram and grounded the negative feed as requested , but im stumped to where the power feed needs to go in the BCM module my BCM number is 1K937087J do i need to upgrade to a different 1 ?, Im just wondering if your BCM module the same as mine my as im not sure where plug A is that is all ,if you could help me then id appreciate your expertise on this matter.

Thanks 

Craig

hi Ed sorry to trouble you , if you can remember when i purchased the heated washer  jet loom from you a while back ? i have fitted the heated jets and threaded the loon through the bulkhead as pictured in you above diagram and grounded the negative feed as requested , but im stumped to where the power feed needs to go in the BCM module my BCM number is 1K937087J do i need to upgrade to a different 1 ?, Im just wondering if your BCM module the same as mine my as im not sure where plug A is that is all ,if you could help me then id appreciate your expertise on this matter.

Thanks 

Craig

You have 3x plugs which are 3x different colours

White, Black and Brown

You need to insert the wire in to the Black plug

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Not a retrofit I'd want to do personally.

I would rather find that the washer nozzles were frozen and not allowing screenwash on the windscreen than having heated nozzles which gave access to the screenwash, inly to freeze as soon as it hit the screen, obscuring vision.

Had exactly this issue years ago with an old Mondeo, and ended up cutting the supply wires to the heated nozzles.

Mike

Be interested to see Eddie & Tommy's results when a cold snap hits.

• 1 month later...

I've got a heatshot which heats the screen wash. To move the scuttle panel upwards is it still necessary to remove the wipers? All I need to do is access the jets and plumb in the heatshot as close to them as possible. The wiring just goes back to the battery, so no issues there.

I had a heatshot on a non skoda , It worked well so I've just got one for the octavia .

I've not looked into fitting it yet .Whereabouts have you mounted the heater ? The closer to the jets is better.

Incidentally, a local ambulance co. had all the screenwash heaters disconnected after one caused an engine bay fire !!

I don't know any details of the manufacture or installation.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I would like one for a pre-fl mk2, or if they are not being produced the part numbers and I can assemble in works electrical bay.

• 1 year later...

Hello Eddie,

I am interested in the heated nozzles. I can not open your photobucket linked pictures. I wonder whether you could just upload the pictures into the thread. Do you know what the wiring should be like on a 2014 SII?

• 1 year later...

Hi, sorry ask, I have the washer Jets from Skoda. But I’d like to do the loom and wonder if you can help where I can get this from or if you make them and post? 

also I don’t have vcds is this something you would be interested in activating? Of course I’ll pay. 

many thanks adam 

• 2 years later...