Yeti roof bars

chimp1965

I have a pair of cheap ones, easy to fit and remove but have found them noisy so don't leave them fitted. they do what I want fishing rods, timber ect. Got them from ebay   if its any helphttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M-Way-135cm-90kg-Lockable-Aluminium-Car-Roof-Rack-Rail-Bars-for-Skoda-Yeti-09-13-/262284746459?fits=Car+Make%3ASkoda%7CModel%3AYeti&hash=item3d11639edb:g:D80AAOSwx-9WuL3i

voxmagna - any further feedback on your cheap and cheerful bars?

No problems. Remember mine stay stored in the garage and get put on when I need them.  They look smart and there appears to be no orchestral Flute or Organ concerto when cruising. I've posted the carton photo. 1350mm is a nice length, with just enough overhang at the sides to strap on an 8X4 sheet. There are several Fleabay sellers selling the same thing, check the spec. and get the cheapest. Mine even came with anti theft locks!

I looked at the Thule setup in halfrauds and they seemed expensive compared to what I got. The main difference between mine and the OE is the OE use bolts through the rails for added security. I was a bit nervous not having that, but now I've seen how much friction grip there is from the rubber lined rail clamps, I've got less worries. If you want something that looks good on the Yeti, cheap with a good load spec. and you won't cry if they get scrapes pulling stuff on and off, then consider these.

voxmagna - any further feedback on your cheap and cheerful bars?

No problems. Remember mine stay stored in the garage and get put on when I need them.  They look smart and there appears to be no orchestral Flute or Organ concerto when cruising. I've posted the carton photo. 1350mm is a nice length, with just enough overhang at the sides to strap on an 8X4 sheet. There are several Fleabay sellers selling the same thing, check the spec. and get the cheapest. Mine even came with anti theft locks!

I looked at the Thule setup in halfrauds and they seemed expensive compared to what I got. The main difference between mine and the OE is the OE use bolts through the rails for added security. I was a bit nervous not having that, but now I've seen how much friction grip there is from the rubber lined rail clamps, I've got less worries. If you want something that looks good on the Yeti, cheap with a good load spec. and you won't cry if they get scrapes pulling stuff on and off, then consider these. Fiddling with their hexagon key is a bit of a pain but I will buy a hex key with a screwdriver handle to make taking on and off easier.

post-131148-0-11754300-1465728718_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks all, I bought a set e quality is not of the £40 bars and they seem pretty good - the quality is not up there with Thule - but they're not shoddy either - only done a quick trial fit but happy so far.

There is also a track system and some bolts included so you can easily add uprights or whatever.

I got some Thule square bars and foot pack off eBay last year

I've got Thule square bars and the universal feet (confusingly there are two different universal feet so be careful if you go this route)

I bought a set of Thule bars and the strap around mounts you refer to

I currently have several Thule bars (various models and types, traditional square (without the slot) and 2 lengths of aluminium Aero bars) none of which are current models, can the owners that have purchased Thule, new or previous owned, please list the foot packs they have used.

Why ... ? Thule no longer list the foot packs for the older style bars on the UK site, and any of the dealers I have contacted have been less than helpful, preferring I purchase even more bars to lie in the garage, as all they want to do is sell current offerings.

So If I knew the foot packs being used by the owners here I could try and find some previous owned ones to suit my current Thule collection.

Thanks for any help in advance. :think:

I'm almost certain mine are the Thule Rapid System 775. At least that's the only instruction leaflet I can find in what I laughingly call my filing system. Someone else may be able to confirm this. I do remember that  the universal ones I had for my Volvo V50 were too small to fit securely on the Yeti rails and the bars themselves were an inch or so too short so I couldn't transfer either part and had to start from scratch. But at least the old ones sold easily enough on that auction site.

• Like 1

...and I'm still able to fit a wide Thule roofbox

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dizurik can you advise which model of Thule roof box you have as it looks about the size I'm looking for.

dizurik can you advise which model of Thule roof box you have as it looks about the size I'm looking for.

Hi TR7Driver

I don't have a specific model number to give you, I'm afraid. It's a Thule Spirit, 78cm wide and 200cm long.

Hope this helps.

Just called Skoda and the kosher ones are £177, which is a bit steep for me.  Off to check Thule now.  Ta for replies.

I've just bought some from a Skoda Dealer via ebay at £145.  I agree they're on the expensive side but on each of my two previous Yetis plus my wife's and my new one they've fit perfectly and they're rated at 100kg.

I'm just about to depart for Austria and will have our Kamei roofbox on.  We'll do the same trip in January.

If not Skoda OEM then I would only trust Thule.

John

Hi TR7Driver

I don't have a specific model number to give you, I'm afraid. It's a Thule Spirit, 78cm wide and 200cm long.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info dizurik, much appreciated, it was the length of the box that was of interest as it looked a good fit on your Yeti. I'm looking for a 3/4 width box that's not too long, perhaps slightly short than yours.

• Like 1

I've just bought some from a Skoda Dealer via ebay at £145.  I agree they're on the expensive side but on each of my two previous Yetis plus my wife's and my new one they've fit perfectly and they're rated at 100kg.

If not Skoda OEM then I would only trust Thule.

John

I went for the Thule WingBar as sit a little lower than the Skoda ones, not much different in price. Just need to find a roof box that fits my budget and needs.

Thanks for the info dizurik, much appreciated, it was the length of the box that was of interest as it looked a good fit on your Yeti. I'm looking for a 3/4 width box that's not too long, perhaps slightly short than yours.

m

No problem. If I was to buy a new one I would choose a higher (taller?) model as this one fills up quickly when going skiing with 2 kids.

I went for the Thule WingBar as sit a little lower than the Skoda ones, not much different in price. Just need to find a roof box that fits my budget and needs.

Take care with the Thule Wingbars ...esp if you intend to use the basic type "U" clamps to mount your roof box, you will probably find the bars too wide and will need to use "T-track" mountings instead.

Fore warned and all that ..... :yes: 

Take care with the Thule Wingbars ...esp if you intend to use the basic type "U" clamps to mount your roof box, you will probably find the bars too wide and will need to use "T-track" mountings instead.

Fore warned and all that ..... :yes:

Thanks for the heads up, but will be using the t-track fixings as gives a neater finish, although these are normally extra cost with roof boxes I'm looking at.

Does anyone know if the Halfords System E Roof Bars will fit the Yeti?

Also would a Thule Pacific 700 be too long for the Yeti? (232cm long)

Cheers

Halfords E Bars are unsuitable; won't grip the roof rails properly.

Think a 225 long box is a bit long. You want to avoid any front overhang and if the box is too far back the tail gate will catch it when it's raised.

Any current Halfords Exodus or Thule box will fit Thule wing bars without Using T track adaptors.

Halfords E Bars are unsuitable; won't grip the roof rails properly.

Think a 225 long box is a bit long. You want to avoid any front overhang and if the box is too far back the tail gate will catch it when it's raised.

Any current Halfords Exodus or Thule box will fit Thule wing bars without Using T track adaptors.

Cheers pal, I called into Halfords yesterday to pick up some bit and pieces and I checked the compatibility book they have in store whilst there and as you say they're no good unfortunately.

I think I'll purchase a set of Skoda bars and I've very tempted by the Hapro Softbox due to the ease of storage.

• 2 months later...

The first set look like mine and have proved up to the job for occasional use. I need them to move my boat spars each end of the sailing season and perhaps the odd DIY store trip. They are quick to fit and fairly quiet but not of a quality like Thule or the OEM ones, so not a good permanent fit. I would possibly steer clear of the second ones.

• Like 1