Which engines / age vehicles aren't affected by oil pump drive failure?

jimbof

You can check your numbers here: 

http://etka.cc

Just press Search

I found that and tried it with two Superb VIN numbers I have (my Mk1, father-in-law's Mk2) - doesn't work with either.  In both cases I get:

Something is wrong ...

There is no result for your VIN code or your entered VIN code is incorrect!

Please try again!

I know mk1 BSS suffered this issue. You can see in the video BMP Passat B6 with the issue. My father in law has just had this failure on his Superb with BMP engine. So I am not so sure of your assertion...

• 3 months later...

For any non-believers out there; 77mm rounded "ex"- hex drive key from my father-in-laws MK2 Superb DSG with 2.0 PD BMP engine code...

post-78853-0-88771100-1464028400_thumb.jpg

• Sad 1

• 2 years later...

Jimboff, thanks for you posts here, have been to look at a Mk fitted with a 140 BMP PD. You have obviously given me thought to look for a CR, Shame it was otherwise was a very nice car.

No worries.  His is otherwise a very nice car, but he got a very big bill as a result of this.  As I mentioned in another post - of course the dealer had never seen this happen before...  I'm not usually one for conspiracy theories but I'm sure there has been a fair bit of dishonesty with respect to this issue.  That photo was the part out of his motor that the dealership did at least let him have for morbid curiosity at my request.

I'm between cars at the moment and thinking what to get.  Miss the old Edition 100 but she needed too much to get through the MOT (2x CVs, exhaust, strange stutter at 1800rpm).  Just wasn't worth spending it on a car that would likely need a camshaft or a gearbox again soon.  At 242K she deserves a rest :)

• Like 1

After recently changing the clutch and dual massfly wheel in my very much beloved and cared for Mk1, someone decided to try and drive through the car. So looking around for a replacement. Doubt I'll ever have such a nice car again, especially on my budget now, but looking..... Inparticular I liked the cream interior I had, but those options are sparse.