New Car Discount & UK Car Discount

I ordered from NCD back in October and picked the car up a couple of weeks ago. No problems at all, they very promptly replied to my questions and actively contacted me when there was news.

Would recommend,especially the discount ;-)

• Like 1

I ordered from NCD back in October and picked the car up a couple of weeks ago. No problems at all, they very promptly replied to my questions and actively contacted me when there was news.

Shhhhh, don't tell the local dealer....they get the hump!! haha

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered from them on 28th Jan. went for a 190 Estate in L&K spec DGS with a few other options like wheel paddles spare wheel and traffic sign recognition. was told 16-18 weeks order time. So far it has been a painless experience, told to leave it 8 weeks from order then get in touch for an update see how things go them, Hoping all continues well. Was offered an alternative car for instant delivery but was wrong colour, and slightly higher spec 4x4 almost wish I had gone for that but looking forward to my own spec.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered from Nick at NCD back on 17th November & just been told today that we shall be receiving our delivery on the 29th of March.

Delays were due to the wheels & beige interior.

Looking forward to it. L&K 150 4 x 4 manual. estate.

NCD been very helpful, & patient.

Couldn't recomend them enough.

Discount probably equates to buying a lower down model from a dealer or saving on the instant depreciation of driving off the fourcourt

• Like 1

• Administrators

Get in while you can. Dealers are not happy! Might of called a few recently ;)

Every quote I've done with a NCD equiv is below the dealers cost price. Somewhere, somehow, someone is sideloading these models, my conclusion is they are coming off fleet books to make fleet sales look better! Now logically I should be calling NCD to fuel our new car quotes project but I still believe in the dealer network. Given how they have been shafted to corporate white showroom specs. Sorry I feel strongly about it for such a waste of the independents, knowledge and outstanding loyalty/service to be erased over smart tie and 60" 3d tellys to pick a red car ! :breathe: Everyone has to eat and therefore adapt to new ways. This is a good thing then :angel: .

My predictions ( based on general observations here & there ) for how internet purchasing of commodity items, the car, means this is unsustainable. The dealers with big lighting, gloss white paint bills can't run on -neg sales even with bonuses. It's terrifying! All it means is more reliance on the servicing, which means you'll pay the same after 3 years regardless! IMHO of course ;)

Colin NCD openly told me that it would be sold via their fleet sales.

The car was supplied by a normal UK Škoda dealer who also supplies fleet cars, so for all intents and purposes was no different to me walking into a local dealership to order the car as I am the 1st registered keeper etc. 

But obviously NCD supplied it A LOT cheaper than any of my local dealers would.

I can only assume they are happier selling 40 cars at a £200 profit than selling 2 cars at a £2K profit??

• Administrators

That's great, least I know I can figure something out still, even when obvious :)

Fleet goes out less than retail, which is why retail can't compete even on 1.5% for VED/plates. Unless I'm being hoodwinked. Don't think I am from my own testing of other online sites, a lot get bested by the fleet arm.

It's something to talk about for sure when I catch up next week. 

What's that old saying, can't beat them, join them :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update,

Received our L&K 4 x 4 estate yesterday delivered from Skoda dealer & bought through NCD.

Arrived late afternoon thus causing concern as wed been told morning.

Everything as ordered.

Took it out last night & very happy indeed.

If we had'nt got the discounted price with NCD we wouldn't have been able to have the L & K which came with all the bits we wished for & a lot more.

We shall certainly be using them again. :clap:  

• 3 weeks later...

Ordered my 190 DSG L&K Estate  on 28th January and have arranged delivery to my home on 28th April. A couple of questions for those who have received their cars from NCD. Will the man who delivers the car, run through it with me or is he going to drop it of get a signature and go.  Two, I ordered the spare wheel does the car still have the standard repair kit and pump as well as the spare wheel.  Looking forward to receiving the car and putting the first few miles on it.

Ordered my 190 DSG L&K Estate  on 28th January and have arranged delivery to my home on 28th April. A couple of questions for those who have received their cars from NCD. Will the man who delivers the car, run through it with me or is he going to drop it of get a signature and go.  Two, I ordered the spare wheel does the car still have the standard repair kit and pump as well as the spare wheel.  Looking forward to receiving the car and putting the first few miles on it.

1/ The woman that delivered mine (on the back of a transporter) just handed me the keys, had a coffee then left... I didn’t need her to run through the car with me though, I did however check the options were all on the car before signing the paperwork.

2/ No you just get the spare wheel and toolkit, no compressor or tyre gunk, likewise if you do not order the spare wheel you do not get the tools to be able to change a wheel (no jack or wheel brace)

Thanks for the quick reply, best I get my head stuck in the Hand Book,  there looks like there is a lot to look at, happy with most things already but will probably become a little easier when sat behind the wheel.

Thanks for the quick reply, best I get my head stuck in the Hand Book,  there looks like there is a lot to look at, happy with most things already but will probably become a little easier when sat behind the wheel.

:thumbup:

This is THE ONLY real way of getting the best out of a high spec car, how many people are driving around with unknown features on their car... or just no idea how to use them.

Gone are the days of just jump, in turn the key and drive, you can now set the car up the way YOU want it (mostly) rather than how someone else thinks you may want it, and because we are all different what is suitable for one person is certainly not true for someone else.

• Like 1

That's great, least I know I can figure something out still, even when obvious :)

Fleet goes out less than retail, which is why retail can't compete even on 1.5% for VED/plates. Unless I'm being hoodwinked. Don't think I am from my own testing of other online sites, a lot get bested by the fleet arm.

It's something to talk about for sure when I catch up next week. 

What's that old saying, can't beat them, join them :)

The crazy thing about the economics seems to be that it doesn't really increase sales overall (yes some might come from other brands, but equally will lose some sales to a silly discount from another manufacturer.)

We are almost getting to a point where you may as well buy it straight off the Internet and just collect it from a local dealer who receives a fixed fee for preparation.

Presumably the fleet buyers demand a discount, even though most of their users would prefer a 20% list price reduction as they get taxed on list price plus options, not the price paid.

Logically the next step would be for the manufacturer to replicate the hire/lease and do it itself, in a way they already do as PCH exists, in addition to PCP and HP.

Probably one day Govt will change bar benefit tax and everyone will do their own deal