Solved the Superb dash rattle

Jamsco

Mine only does this when the temperatures are really cold, so this winter it has hardly troubled me at all.  :D [/size]

Strangely, after a couple of below zero mornings this week, the rattle came back but no where near as bad. It did go again when the car interior warmed up. Perhaps the panel expands with the higher temperature giving a better fit!?

Yes, the fluctuating temperatures through up all sorts of minor (but annoying) intermittent on mine all the time.  Noticed another buzzing sound on the dash this morning that wasn't there last week when the temperatures were different.

I had a vibration/buzz start in my car....It was driving me up the wall, couldn't figure it out for ages, then I realised that it sounded like it was coming from above me....it was the arms of my sunglasses vibrating in the holder because they weren't quite sitting right! :D

I had a vibration/buzz start in my car....It was driving me up the wall, couldn't figure it out for ages, then I realised that it sounded like it was coming from above me....it was the arms of my sunglasses vibrating in the holder because they weren't quite sitting right! :D

I've had this too! In fact I have stopped using the glasses holder because of it.

I'm just amazed you found sunglasses that would fit in the holder in the first place. None of the sunglasses I've got come even close to fitting. They fitted fine in the Octavia - that, the accelerator side footrest and the space for a 1.5 litre bottle in the door are the only things that weren't an upgrade from going from the Octy to the Superb. Interestingly the Superb 3 has fixed this (Except for the footrest)...

The skoda sunglasses holder is minute, so small as to be practicality useless , compared with my mondeos practically cavernous holder , you can get a pair of safety specs in it easily

Edited by peterposh

• 2 weeks later...

The rattle behind the side panel got so much worse. I've resorted to blutac on all the clips and aroind the panel edge. I'll test it over the coming week and update. I'm thinking of just leaving it off.

• 1 month later...

Had exactly the same squeak/rattle coming from exactly the same place. Initially thought it was the glove box or passenger air vent. My solution was to use a small slice of foam (2-3mm thick and 20mm long piece of pipe lagging) and push it gently between the two pieces of trim using a blunt cocktail stick. Soon as it was in the rattle was gone for good - no matter what the temperature.