VRS 4x4 Ownership

When it comes to the vrs, diesel is still the only choice with 4x4.

Quite possibly.

I didn't take diveslob's post in the context of VRS. Maybe I should have done, seeing as it's the subject of the thread.

Edited by susi

Just ordered mine yesterday, so will let you know how I get on...when I get it!

Been told "10-12" weeks - is this about right?

My 4x4 VRS arrived in the country today, ordered on 16/01 so 10-12 weeks sounds right to me

Done over 800 miles this weekend, North Kent to Cornwall and return.  Also fitted the DTUK CRD 3, set to programme 2, setting 1+, before setting off.  What an amazing bit of kit, does what it says on the tin, excellent power increase, most impressed.  However, the increase in mpg is staggering, dependant on how I drove the car, I was getting up to 58mpg and that was along the A2/M2, around the M25 and onto the M3, A303 and the A30; seriously impressed and not driving like Miss Daisy.

Done over 800 miles this weekend, North Kent to Cornwall and return. Also fitted the DTUK CRD 3, set to programme 2, setting 1+, before setting off. What an amazing bit of kit, does what it says on the tin, excellent power increase, most impressed. However, the increase in mpg is staggering, dependant on how I drove the car, I was getting up to 58mpg and that was along the A2/M2, around the M25 and onto the M3, A303 and the A30; seriously impressed and not driving like Miss Daisy.

stop teasing me. I'll have to order a box myself of our keep reading his good they are.

Just on the mpg front is that reported through the display or measured on the refill? I only ask as I have the dtuk on my GTD and it appears to over read mpg on the computer considerably more now, probably a side effect of it tricking the ecu.

stop teasing me. I'll have to order a box myself of our keep reading his good they are.

Mate, get one you won't be disappointed :devil:  :D

Just on the mpg front is that reported through the display or measured on the refill? I only ask as I have the dtuk on my GTD and it appears to over read mpg on the computer considerably more now, probably a side effect of it tricking the ecu.

I'll work it out on the next refill and post the results; stay tuned  :notme:

Picked up mine today, did about 100 miles in it and other than a little hesitation when pulling off I love it. Granted it's not as fast as my 220 was but it certainly gets off the line a lot better! Managed 37.4 indicated for the day, I'll wait until my refill to get a real figure

Well here are the real figures for my very fast return trip from Cornwall and a couple of commutes to work:

475 miles / 48 Litres to refuel = 9.89mpl

9.89mpl x 4.54609 litres = 44.9873mpg

So just a nats knacker off of 45mpg - real time mpg.  With 1800 miles on the clock.

That's pretty damn good considering the MFD is reading 51mpg average; we all know they read higher than the real world.  I'll post my next refuel figures, as these should improve, as it will be a more sedate drive, as I'll only be commuting for the next week.