REPLACING ELECTRIC WING MIRROR USING A MANUAL

HI.

I have a skoda fabia htp 1.2 2010.

My mirror was kicked off a few weeks ago , its clipped back on (in two pieces) and still works but doesn't turn left and right.

So I bought a cheap replacement online advertised as electric only cost me £30 after haggling a little bit.

The mirror arrived and it is primed ready to spray BUT it is manual with cables.

I was going to send it back then thought maybe I could get it moving left and right again and use just the shell from the manual as its the same.

So does anyone have any ideas why the mirror wont be turning left or right but is going up down and still heating so I can fix it then use the shell from the manual.

Or does anyone know if I can convert the manual mirror to electric using the wires etc already fitted?

Or shall I just send back the manual mirror and order an electric replacement when I can afford it !?

Thanks everyone.

usually the mirror failing to go left and right is caused by a snapped wire in the door jamb. Inside the rubber bellow where the wiring passes from the car chassis to the door. You might need to prise the bellows away gently and inspect the wires and they are quite skinny ones.  As you mentioned some fatherless person kicking the mirror, perhaps there may have even been a snapped wire between the mirror and the door itself or just inside the mirror housing. The first mentioned spangle is quite a common fault though and does affect just one function usually. the motor should be fine if it goes up/down so suspect a broken connection.