2016 Skoda Octavia Scout 1.8TSI

BGB

LED interior lighting:

13BCEC50-645F-40DD-8C68-3DB89580DA69.jpg

I also decided to remove the badges on the boot lid for a more clean behind:

B5079013-C0A0-46B7-91D0-9978360E50A5.jpg

D2ABFB13-3522-4FC6-BC81-597252FAE74F.jpg

Congratuations BGB!!!

As a owner of the same nise model want to ask you if you have the interior lights on the front doors and footwelll by default( i.e the cabling and bulbs)

Thanks,

Congratuations BGB!!!

As a owner of the same nise model want to ask you if you have the interior lights on the front doors and footwelll by default( i.e the cabling and bulbs)

Thanks,

Thank you, among Audis and VWs this is the best car I have owned.

The footwell lights are default on the car, but there are no lights on the doors (except the puddlelights on the mirrors). I have not checked if there are any cables ready. However now as you mention it I will check when I get the time.

• 3 weeks later...

Noticed a lot of brake dust on the front wheels today so thought it was a good time to test out the newly purchased Wheel Woolies.

Surfex HD and RIM 7 on tires and rims:

720B2289-BE7B-4256-9083-3C4934E62B8B.jpg

In action:

079A2953-4158-472F-96E1-5C4B44297E0E.jpg

Naturally I washed the rest off the car:

717DF43D-2600-41DD-BEB8-53E2470986E7.jpg

As this is the Norwegian summer it started raining so I finished in the garage with drying, tire dressing and so on:

2B2CCE69-8102-4EEC-B366-F7074CEA8656.jpg

Car now has rolled tiny 1270 miles (2050km) and I could not be more happy. Tho got a letter from Skoda Norway telling me that the car may have a production fault in the child safety system on the back doors, so this is going to be checked as soon as I get the time.

Hi, a question BGB. Were did you bye the led for al the intreior light ang bot reg light?

Hello Bagarn. 

The interior led came from LEDperf: http://www.ledperf.co.uk/pack-interior-full-led-pure-white-for-skoda-octavia-3-5e-p-4942.html

The quality is good, but you get a lot cheaper bulbs on eBay with the same quality. 

The license plate light is OEM VW/Audi and the part number is 3AF 943 021A, bought on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=3AF+943+021A&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.X3AF943021A.TRS0&_nkw=3AF943021A&_sacat=0

Yes you do have to code to avoid getting an bulb error when turning the ignition on, but it is fairly easy: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/313685-vcds-coding-for-rear-plate-led/

Ye, i fig that. Just need VCDS :sweat: , will probebly buy it.

Is there any chans that you know what type of lamp sockets there is on all the lamps that you change?

I will not get my Scout until october so i would like to hawe everything at home when it comes

Where in Sweden do you live?

No I´m not sure, it is some time since I did it. But if you search led interior kit skoda you will have lots to chose from.

I live in stockholm, but i can find some one that hawe the prog if i dont buy it my self so thats no problem

Thats a little to long drive from Trondheim I´m afraid but yes, I am sure that someone will help you. Tho the cable is a really nice thing to own as there is lots and lots of modding to to.

Thats a little to long drive from Trondheim I´m afraid but yes, I am sure that someone will help you. Tho the cable is a really nice thing to own as there is lots and lots of modding to to.

Ye i know thats far away :D.

A nothe question, i can se that you hawe electric seat, i cant deside in the moment if i shout order it ore not.

Is it worth the exra cash? Is i so mutch better then standard?

Anny sugjestions

Edited by Bagarn

Actually the electric seats are the only thing I had to think really hard wether to get or not. They are pricy at over 8000NOK on the option list. It is comfy to just press a button and they move but it is not a must have.

Yes I know, it will almost only be me driving the car. Girlfriend possibly every other month. So I do not know. Some say that you can adjust the seat so much more with electricity seats. I have never had electricity seats so I do not know.

Only the driver's seat is 4000 NOK, and both seats is 7000 NOK.
Both are not worth it, but maybe the driver's seat

Yes, i hawe taken some things just four that. Things that I don't need but will help when I sell.

I have decided to take the electric seat.

Will go to my dealer today and se if I can add it

A nice project. 

We are not allowed ANY level of tint on the front windows in the UK!

Thank you.

Not legal in Norway either, the picture make it look darker than it really is so I hope no one notices :p

Still waiting on a confirmation that the steering column module is the same on my Scout as it is on the ones with DSG shift paddles, I really want a flat bottom steering wheel with paddles. (Of course depending on the price)

Just a couple of pictures to keep it interesting:

1A9570B2-ACC1-40E3-91BF-CA77F25F4BBF.jpg

8E2272DA-7419-4F2B-8EA4-53946CCB634B.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi. 18 inch rims look nice! I want it too. How do I know if the rims fit the scout? From what I understand I can't use the same rims as the non-scout ovtavia. I wanted the Gemeni anthracite, but my dealer said no.

Hi. 18 inch rims look nice! I want it too. How do I know if the rims fit the scout? From what I understand I can't use the same rims as the non-scout ovtavia. I wanted the Gemeni anthracite, but my dealer said no.

Thank you fellow Norwegian.

Your dealer is wrong, but maybe they meant that the standard Octavia uses a smaller tire size. Where the Scout will have 225/45R18 the normal Octavia will be fitted with 225/40R18. But as for the wheel itself and its technical specifications it will fit just fine.

Norwegian dealership online shop: https://www.skodabutikken.no/shop/no/skoda/skoda-original-18-gemini-5e0071498eha7-p

As per BGB's response. Fit scout size tyres and that wheel will fit fine.

The offset is the same as all the current Skoda wheels, even the Scout.

It would look much better with a lower offset though, especially on the rear :)