First tests of the Yeti II now online

Seat UK have now uploaded the Ateca configurator and it seems to work quite well.

It looks like they will open the order book in June.

• 1 month later...

Can't see this anywhere else on Brisky - spy shots of Yeti II:

No it's not the Kodiaq!

You are 100% correct. That is NOT a Kodiaq and must indeed be the next Yeti. Just look at the size of the little window behind the rear door and compare that to the length of that same window on the Kodiaq.

Then compare that little window to what you see here:

tiguan.321357.jpg

So that image you posted is quite possibly the Yeti indeed.

2017-Skoda-Kodiaq.jpg

• Like 1

Well IF that is a spy shot of a Yeti II I like it. It looks like a natural development of the current shape.

It is. This is the source:

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-news/industry-news/skoda/skoda-bets-the-house-on-suvs-latest-on-new-2017-kodiaq-and-2018-yeti/

But sadly it is NOT a natural development of the current shape. It is a very clear badge engineered, 90% copy of the Tiguan. Sigh.

But sadly it is NOT a natural development of the current shape. It is a very clear badge engineered, 90% copy of the Tiguan. Sigh.

Whatever, I still like the look it seems to have retained enough of the Yeti style to make it on to a buy list for me. I wish I could place an order now rather than in 2018!

True, it doesn't retain the current "styling" and it is re-engineering Tiguan BUT I do like it.

Would I buy a current Yeti - No. Would i buy this one - Yes. Although circumstances mean I would swap the Superb for a Kodiaq, perhaps the Yeti is better aimed at Octavia-class segment.

If it is basically a rebadged Tiguan, then presumably if it sells will depend upon the pricing. The VW is likely to cost more, but hold its value better.

I assume the spy shot is a high spec or L&K version as it appears to have panoramic roof and beige leather (unless beige cloth upholstery has just been invented)

in a recent AE car test the NEW tiguan 2.0 tdi se at £30.000 ish .with a 3 star rating came 3rd behind  Renault kadjar and Nissan Qashqai so lets hope Seat and Skoda can do a better job.or has AE just got fed up with vw as it appeared once they could do no wrong.

The Yeti is unique in its cube design, sadly the Yeti II is losing it's DNA and just copying other cars in the VW stable / market. Would I buy one not sure, may keep current Yeti for longer or look at others such as Seat Ateca. Price may also determine my future choice as Skoda do offer VFM.

I wonder if that picture is of a Tiguan-based test mule? Like the early Kodiaq pictures were of a stretched Yeti-bodied test mule. It seems very early to have such a thinly disguised test vehicle on the road.

Surely the Yeti will be the same as the Ateca (with different badges and spec) as they will be made in the same factory?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Surely the Yeti will be the same as the Ateca (with different badges and spec) as they will be made in the same factory?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think under the skin you are correct but the body panels and internal fit will be very much the 'group' look after all they are all based on the same MQB chassis.  The advantage of a later release for the Yeti II based on similar internals as the Ateca is that any manufacturing adjustments, bugs etc., should have been ironed out.

• 1 month later...