lights lights and more lights

irishpete

hi lads, recently bought a yeti which im very imrpressed with after 3 years and 95000 miles in my vw jetta, so i bought a 1.6 green line

has the centre armrest, cruise ac ew all round, but doesnt have auto lights i was wonder would one of therse work? http://www.ebay.ie/itm/VW-Auto-Head-Light-Sensor-Switch-For-Golf-Mk-5-6-Tiguan-Passat-B6-Touran-WT-/172078439988?hash=item2810ac9e34:g:tkUAAOSwL7VWqGQP, i also kinda miss having the red ambiant glow from the interal lights that i had in my jetta, is this available in a yeti? i found this on ebay and was wondering is it just plug and play and has anyone else done this upgrade? http://www.ebay.ie/itm/SKODA-YETI-5L-Interior-Reading-Light-1K0867489E-/111917404606?hash=item1a0ecc11be:g:rsgAAOSwuAVW0DYN,

i had thse in my mk2 superb and tought tey were great, any ideas?

But to have the auto lights fully integrated you would need the rear view mirror with the light sensor for it to work.

Ian

If you look at what he's thinking about fitting it comes with it's own sensor.

$_57.JPG

The switches look the same, if I buy the other unit will I have constant ambient white light when lights are on shining down round the gear stick dash area, I don't mind if it's not red like jetta but to my memory it was red on my 07 superb

I really like the two lights that shine down from the roof lights but there are others that say they shine onto the mirror. That could be with the glass roof.

I understand that, but what colour will be the ambience light shining down on the gear stick be?

If you buy a unit from a Yeti, it will be white, as I said earlier.

It lights up the gear-stick area with a soft glow, not at all bright but enough to find anything in the centre console.

You really do not know its on but I would miss it if it was not there.

Do you not have it on yours, are the two small holes there in front of the light switches?

Will it be just a matter of of swapping them? Have u any pics of yours lit up?

Exactly what is fitted to yours? I thought all the Greenline models had that unit fitted.

No pictures; sorry.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

These are the lights in question.

Hi, just joined the forum and wondered if anyone could help me out with LED interior light upgrade. I bought the upgrade kit from Superskoda and fitted the two rear lights no problem, I am having trouble with the front setup though. This is the type that is fitted to my car and it is completely different to the unit supplied by superskoda. My car is a 63 plate Mk1 140 4x4 Adventure. The question is should I have bought front unit for the Mk2 Yeti or do some Mk1 models have the unit pictured below? So many variations of this little beast of a car. still love it though! Any info would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Image2_zpsrfbrw2yo.jpg