60 Miles in.... First issue - Typre Pressure Error

60 Miles in.... First issue - Typre Pressure Error

Car was delivered yesterday with 3 miles on the clock.

After around 10 miles yesterday the tyre pressure warning light came on.  Initially thought the dealer may not of set all the pressures correctly or set the system so i checked them all (36psi) so topped them upto 37psi all round and reset the system. Another 30 miles driven and ok.

This morning after a further 10 miles or so, got the warning again, as you cant just reset the system without putting air in, I took it to Kwik fit for them to do it, (its a maintained company car and it will be the first thing they ask me to do) They then deflated them a few PSI and topped upto 38psi all round and reset the system at approx 17:00 and 47 Miles on the clock.

This evening at around 21:00 I nipped out to the shops... Tyre Pressure warning light triggered again...  Went to the fuel station and checked them... all 38psi all round.  Reset the system...

1) Does anyone know if these fault are stored for when the dealer checks ?

2) I thought this was a rolling radius system? if so, looks like a sensor is at fault. 3

3) Anyone had this issue before with false alerts ?

Going to have to ring up in the morning to book it in..

20160322_172152_zps69yphk4g.jpg

20160322_213654_zpsebqshkfs.jpg

20160322_213733_zpsoafzacze.jpg

Strangely ive just started having exactly the same problem!

top pressures up - reset system - goes fine for a while then warning light comes on

manual does state that if 1 tyre is down on pressure then display indicates actual tyre - whereas i'm getting the impression thisis a actual system error

like you gonna have to book it in

Strangely ive just started having exactly the same problem!

top pressures up - reset system - goes fine for a while then warning light comes on

manual does state that if 1 tyre is down on pressure then display indicates actual tyre - whereas i'm getting the impression thisis a actual system error

like you gonna have to book it in

Yeah.. it says ERROR rather than warning -

Just looked at the manual as you suggest -  Yes.. the system should alert on the tyre in question... not the full system

Tyre%20pressure_zpsa8xhg3oc.png

Will have to get it booked in... hope i dont get a Citygo !

Edited by RickTT

Yeah.. it says ERROR rather than warning -

Just looked at the manual as you suggest - Yes.. the system should alert on the tyre in question... not the full system

Tyre%20pressure_zpsa8xhg3oc.png

Will have to get it booked in... hope i dont get a Citygo !

I'd be less than impressed if that was me. I'd be demanding the best demonstrator your dealer has whilst it's being repaired.

My only issues so far are dodgy CarPlay that needs resetting every few days, drivers door needs to be slammed to shut and rubbish mpg. All of which I can live with as I can't be bothered with the hassle of going back to a dealer.

I'd be less than impressed if that was me. I'd be demanding the best demonstrator your dealer has whilst it's being repaired.

My only issues so far are dodgy CarPlay that needs resetting every few days, drivers door needs to be slammed to shut and rubbish mpg. All of which I can live with as I can't be bothered with the hassle of going back to a dealer.

Don't want the best demostrator... I may not want my se business back then :-)

Going to ring them shortly but I expect they will book it in for a weeks time or so which is not ideal driving driving not knowing if it's a real flat tyre.. More so with no spare.

Don't want the best demostrator... I may not want my se business back then :-)

Going to ring them shortly but I expect they will book it in for a weeks time or so which is not ideal driving driving not knowing if it's a real flat tyre.. More so with no spare.

Yeah I think the space saver is the only thing I should have added to my SE business. Hope it gets fixed for you as soon as possible.

I had the same problem when I first got the car, had to reset it several times in the first month.

But it seems to have settled down now and have not had a recurrence for a couple of months.

Honestly cannot remember now, but every time I checked all the pressures and they were ok, then reset the monitor, after about 30 miles it would show an error again, then I would reset it and it would sometimes be ok.

This happened about 4 or 5 times, the last time I told the car if it happened again would take it to the dealers for a check up and it has been ok since!

• Like 3

In Top Gear magazine it seems they are having the same error on their long term Superb along with problems with the drivers seat moving it self forward while driving.

You dont happen to have a copy of the said text do you  ?

You dont happen to have a copy of the said text do you  ?

Not with me at the moment, but will have when I get home tomorrow, so I will take a pic of the article and post it up. The picture they showed, I'm fairly sure, looked the same as the vehicle status one at the top of the thread.

• Like 1

I had the same problem with my Superb 3, in the first few weeks, where it would show tyres as having lst pressure, this happened a number of times over a period of approx 3 days, about 3 weeks after taking delivery of car.  Kept pulling in and checking pressures, ( foud to be ok), and resetting system,  and since then over the last 5 months all is OK,  system seems to have settled down.

I was beginning to get annoyed, as I had never had a problem with the system in the MK 2.

• Like 1

Same error occurred at least 4 times over a 2 day period, I'd just booked it in for a check but reset it one last time and guess what ? no errors since, that was about 4 weeks ago.

• Like 1

Interesting magazine article. I got a "starter system" warning on the touchscreen a week or more ago but car started and stopped flawlessly at lights etc. Warning disappeared next time I got into the car and hasn't been seen since. Wonder if the root cause is similar to this spurious tyre pressure warning?

The error on the mag is an overhead view, where as mine states "error"

Guess the key question to all who's had the issue, was yours the over head view like the mag or the side view like mine ?

Thanks

I had a flat this evening when I came out of the office which I didn't cop for a couple of hundred yards.

The tyre pressure sensors did not pick it up at all!

I changed to the spare and headed for home.

Approximately 5km later it decides to let me know there's an issue with the offending wheel. Not impressed.

Edited by Sweetums
  • Like 1