Blowing Hot Air!

Hi my S3 is only blowing out hot air I have tried all settings and it won't adjust to cold! I'm actually away for a few days holiday with the car and was wondering could you offer me any help or advice please?

Could the thermostat be stuck?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

no - as the air temp is controlled via the air con compressor.

Highly likley the flaps behind the dash could be stuck / compressor not engaging.

On engine idle... if you press the AC button does the engine RPM change a faction ? (you would expect this once the compressor kicks in.)

This sounds a lot like the blender flaps in the ventilation air box are stuck. I don't know for sure, but there may be a VCDS "Skodairobics program" that will exercise them and and might get things working again.

Hi, did you get it sorted and if so, what was the issue ? Have experienced a very similar thing with mine yesterday - stuck on hot. Thought I was going to get out of the car two stone lighter ! Went out again today and it was fine and therefore still a fat b...

Hi, did you get it sorted and if so, what was the issue ? Have experienced a very similar thing with mine yesterday - stuck on hot. Thought I was going to get out of the car two stone lighter ! Went out again today and it was fine and therefore still a fat b...

Never got it sorted as it began working perfectly again the following day and has done ever since!!!! Really confused.

Recently had a similar thing happen on my MK2 FL. The drivers side was fine but the passenger side was blowing very hot all the time, then it happened a second time but the drivers side was blowing hot. The third and last time I discovered turning the climate system off, waiting for a few minutes then restarting it sorted it out. I will mention it next time it goes in for a service. Just had this happen over the last two months.

The last time I also noticed the drivers heated seat just got hotter and hotter, so much I could smell a faint burning smell. I turned it off and its been fine ever since. I don't think the climate and heated seat issue is related but again I'll mention it next service time.

It happened again today - so booked in to Skoda garage for check over tomorrow. However it's corrected itself again this evening ! No doubt it'll be fine tomorrow when it goes in to the garage. Already half expecting a  "Sorry Sir, it's fine and we can't find a fault" - but we'll see.

As expected, " We can't replicate the problem, diagnostics show nothing blah blah blah" but they were very nice about it !

Next time it goes wrong, as it will, I'm gonna drive straight there, sound the horn and they can come out whilst it's still happening.

It may not be tomorrow, next week, next month, who knows - but I'm sure it will happen again.

Hi again,

Good news has arrived to Turkey. There is an update for climate.

Some of Superb users have updated their car today and they are saying that climate working as expected.

We hope you will get soon ✋

Edited by wertasd
  • Like 1

Yep, so my Climate Control seems to think Lo or 16°c is bloody fricking hell fire!

The fans didn't stop burning hot air into my face all day!

Booked in for a check next Saturday. Let's see what they say.

Edited by Dilz

Well it has now happened again as feared.

Took it straight to garage whilst the air was still blowing hot.

Mechanic looked at it and confirmed it was not as it should be. Car needs to go into garage to be looked at properly.

Mechanic took a video of the temperature display showing "Lo" and then took a reading with a temperature gauge....... 55 degrees C !!

Even when the air of OFF their is some hot air entering the cabin ... so now having to drive with the windows open !

Well it has now happened again as feared.

Took it straight to garage whilst the air was still blowing hot.

Mechanic looked at it and confirmed it was not as it should be. Car needs to go into garage to be looked at properly.

Mechanic took a video of the temperature display showing "Lo" and then took a reading with a temperature gauge....... 55 degrees C !!

Even when the air of OFF their is some hot air entering the cabin ... so now having to drive with the windows open !

The exact same thing has been happening to me! Booked in for Saturday so will see what they say... The constant hot air blowing through at a slower rate even when the fan is set to OFF is very annoying!

• 4 weeks later...

I have same issue, hot air coming out whenever, nobody know, but I have also problem with menu of a/c, it wont show up, i turn off car and start again and nothing happens, but when i turn off engine and took out key air blows from vents, after second time turn off and start engine, air stop blowing, but menu wont appear, I will upload video on youtube, tomorrow it was work ok. I went to service couple times and they update me software 2 times, but nothing happens, and last time, 5 days ago, they told me that there is no solution for this problem. This is happening in Serbia. Is there any solution? 

Edited by CrazyDriver0506

Have the same issue here. It started about three months ago in an intermitent way.

One week ago the problem is constant, display in Low and extra-hot air comming out from the front blowers, BUT cold air from the rear blowers! (check yours if it is the same).

Leave it in the garage two days ago. They told me it can be a trapdoor that opens and close the incoming hot air from the engine, that is not working properly and it remains always open. No errors displayed with VCDS.

I will post more info!.

If you stop air conditioning of warm, and then you have changed of cold, may to start to spirit warm, try it drop warm and then change the temperature from hot to cold