Blowing Hot Air!

So 4 days old and mine just blows hot air now! Even the AC button does nout, just wondering if anyone has any further info on a fix other than the software update to climate?

I have a 680 mile trip with family in 12 days and do not want to arrive cooked well done to extra crispy! I have tried everything even resetting everything back to factory and no luck!

Help pls

Ok, so today all was well again. No idea what's going on but think I'll drop into dealer next time I pass by to ask them if they could investigate any software fixes for me!

Only solution for me is to stop, turn off engine, and start again. If no lucky, turn off engine for about 10 minutes, then start again. Very very sad.

So 4 days old and mine just blows hot air now! Even the AC button does nout, just wondering if anyone has any further info on a fix other than the software update to climate?

I have a 680 mile trip with family in 12 days and do not want to arrive cooked well done to extra crispy! I have tried everything even resetting everything back to factory and no luck!

Help pls

Seems to come up on VW forums too. There are a few videos on YouTube resetting system and various other system stuff if you search VW climatronic

There might be an answer hidden in a video somewhere.

• Like 1

Seems to come up on VW forums too. There are a few videos on YouTube resetting system and various other system stuff if you search VW climatronic

There might be an answer hidden in a video somewhere.

Tried a reset of the system, then as that had no effect I reset the whole car to factory! Same again, no change. Tried leaving car off for 10 & 30mins, then 3 hrs all to no change. However when I tried in the morning when the infotainment system took 30-50 seconds to show is screen (so starting system from full shutdown rather than sleep in computer speak) it worked as it's supposed to.

I haven't been past my dealer yet but will when I get a moment. Fingers crossed it plays ball from now on.

With this i solved the problem:

The problem seems to be a wrong information of the position of the flaps to the climatronic.

With this method, flaps are forced to move to the maximum and minimum positions, so the unit calibrates the hole range of movements. It takes some seconds, and cold air came again!

Let´s see how much time the fix lasts! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Er... See above post !

Its worked on mine. Since running the flap calibration sequence I have had no more HOT HELLFIRE blowing out my vents! (touch wood). 

I am a stickler for tech, so ran the recalibration thingy about 5 times in a row, some with the engine running, some with it off. I left about 2 mins between running the next sequence for the first two runs, then 20mins after a drive where I varied the temp from hot to cold, then Full Icey blast mode (which wasn't icey but is cold enough to cool the car to at least 16*C). The final re-calibrations I ran the next two mornings while out  driving (started when sat at traffic lights). If it writes the info to memory, then repeating the process can write over bad stored code with new code.

I'm no programmer but my thought pattern ref this issue runs along these lines: When you wipe / format a hard drive once, its is easy for that data to be recalled with software alone. Do it a couple of times and it becomes yet harder and more expensive to recover meaningful the data. Do it multiple times with different variables (driving, hot cold air temps set, engine on / off etc) then it should be nigh on impossible for the car to recall old corrupt data (if that is what its doing). Think of it as a bad habbit, like you trying to stop your kid from picking his nose and only repetition and being on their case will stop them eventually!  

All I can say is keep trying the recalibration sequence. The first time I ran it I thought it had finished the sequence after 20 seconds (as the lights stopped blinking alternatively), but I could still just hear (more feel) the vents moving around in the back of the dash gradually changing the force levels between the 3 levels of vent exits, floor, middle and windscreen.

Have faith, I hope it works for you as it did me.

Edited by blahde2
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi - I now have this exact problem (65 plate 10500 miles).  AC set to low (LO) but only hot air coming out.  I recognise that there have been a few suggested fixes posted here, but as a busy working man with limited mechanical knowledge and a car under warranty I'm not sure why I should be trying to fix this myself.  Can anyone tell me what kind of response they have had from dealers.

After 5 years of faultless motoring in Yetis, I have experienced small niggling problem after small niggling problem with my Superb estate.  I am becoming more and more disillusioned with Skoda....

Hi - I now have this exact problem (65 plate 10500 miles).  AC set to low (LO) but only hot air coming out.  I recognise that there have been a few suggested fixes posted here, but as a busy working man with limited mechanical knowledge and a car under warranty I'm not sure why I should be trying to fix this myself.  Can anyone tell me what kind of response they have had from dealers.

After 5 years of faultless motoring in Yetis, I have experienced small niggling problem after small niggling problem with my Superb estate.  I am becoming more and more disillusioned with Skoda....

You have to remember its a brand new model.... Their are always small niggling problems... Want less... Buy a model that has matured for a while .... PLUS You can bet your bottom dollar that if you search you will find people with Yetis that have had loads of small niggling problems.... Same with every other car / model and make !

Edited by Nick_H

I agree to a point.  But the trail period should be before the car reaches the market.  I haven't paid nearly 30k to be a guinea pig!  Skoda have re-built their reputation by producing well built cars that are good value for money and desirable - I hope that they haven't overstretched.  So far:

Cubby hole by right hand knee - door fell off after 500 miles

Chrome trim around doors - peeling off

Colombus - keeps freezing

Washers - not fit for purpose and have been replaced

Both front electric window regulators - failed and have needed replacing

AC - blowing hot (when set to cold)

I still like the car and the pluses outweigh the minuses, but it is certainly making me think about my next car.  Additionally, I am meeting a lot of people with Nissans, Seats etc that have even more spec for less money.  I'm not saying I want a Nissan or Seat - but it is food for thought!

• Like 1

Here are two videos on self testing the air con.

If the unit does not throw up a code while it is pushing the wrong air temp out then it probably not a software fault.  More likely to be a mechanical movement issue re flaps etc. 

I pray my new S3 does not suffer from this.  If it does then I would expect them to change the unit first then all mechanical activations. 

I can see me leaving my infra red temp gauge in the car just in case :(

• 2 months later...

Sorry to bump the thread, but we experienced this today also. The only thing I've done differently lately, which may have set it off (?) was using the Auto mode most of the last week, instead of just manually putting the AC on when required. Driving along today, I turned the temperature down a couple of degrees and was met with face melting hot air. I then turned it to Lo, and it just blew more intensely (and hotter still). Increasing the temperature on the dials to 20 slowed down the fan, but didn't change the temperature of the air coming out of the vents. Engine off and on, no change... Eventually we admitted defeat, turned off the AC altogether and wound down the windows. Not ideal when it's 20oC but blowing a gale, and the car was still pushing out a low volume of boiling hot air even with the system set to off. After trying the reset fix in the video posted at the top of this page, all is well again. For now... I'll keep an eye on it and mention it when the car's in next. 

Mine did this as well during the week driving down to London but reset itself as I was driving along and started working again. This is the third time its done this. Normally find it does it after I turn the AC off then turn it back on again. Now just leave it on all the time.

Nobody had run the car for a while with the clima set to OFF before this problem occurs? (No fan at all) That can make this thing to happen. It can be fixed by the driver again by special sequence or update the unit at dealer to newer software in clima without this bug. But how many drive the car without the clima for a while?

Nobody had run the car for a while with the clima set to OFF before this problem occurs? (No fan at all) That can make this thing to happen. It can be fixed by the driver again by special sequence or update the unit at dealer to newer software in clima without this bug. But how many drive the car without the clima for a while?

Yes I have to admit I was running with no AC/climate control for a while before I turned it back on, and found nothing but very hot air. I'll ask the dealer for a software update. :thumbup:

• 2 years later...

Hi,

Did somebody found the issue why is hot air instead of cold ?

I have the same problem.

I called today Skoda and the service department had no answer for this.

Thank you!

Ok.

I been to a garage and apparently  i have a faulty Air condition sensor and they need to update the air-con unit.

I know the sensor is faulty but is weird they need to update the air-con