Twindoor wire problems

morm6677

Out of interest has any one with this problem ever contacted skoda and a asked if this problem is covered under a recall, as I've seen many on this forum with this problem, including me,any help would be appreciated.

So this obviously means that skoda are not carrying out the repairs for free! Or should I start protesting loudly as it isn't user fault but a manufacturer fault.

Thanks for you reply by the way

Not a recall as its not safety related. We just had a technical bulletin and the wiring kit.

Has anyone seen a copy of the TSB in public circulation, or even its number?  Might be good ammo for anyone wanting to lodge a Sale of Goods act claim for twindoor work.

Not a recall as its not safety related. We just had a technical bulletin and the wiring kit.

Can you tell me what the wiring kit is - it it just a standard loom or is it a special repair loom?

Many thanks 

Chris

It's a repair harness as the original is all one piece.

Thanks - can you tell me the part number  - how is it connected/ spliced to the original harness  - soldered or using connectors

Chris