wiring parking sensors(retrofit)

Hello, does anyone know how to wire parking sensors?

Car didnt have OEM parking sensor.

From parking sensors they are coming two wires: black and red.

This is picture of back of rear left light.

Attention: Car have rear parking camera..

Can someone help me? Tnx

• Administrators

There is no image :) seriously no image link in the text.

When posting an image, use the editor and either attach an image ( upload it ) or link to it if it's a jpg. Note that some image services give you a long url to the image. This version of code checks for the image type, so ideally the url needs to end in .jpg / .png etc  

Post the image link, or email it to the address below and I can guess some more :)

• Administrators

Should be fine using the attach option.

Click on More Reply options. Under the big text input area is a heading Attach Files.

Click the choose Files button, select your file and then open. If the upload fails it will tell you why, or give you a clue.

You can email me the address below and I'll add it to this thread, but give the above a go first as it should work, if it does not, then I can dig.

C.

• Administrators

yay :D

Don't suppose you have a multimeter/ electrical test, or one you can borrow? 

Do the aftermarket sensors you've brought require it's own power feed, or is it simply meant to piggy back the rear light power activation?

I think not...Aftermarket sensors come up with just two wire:

red and black....I suppose one of them is ground and other one need to be connected with rear light.

I connected the black to ground and soldered the red one to the metal strip running to the reverse light bulb on the bulb holder.  Worked fine for me.

Gaz

• Like 2

Black will be earth.

Red will need to go to the rear light.

Pull out the light unit and follow the tracks to the correct bulb. (ie put it in reverse and see which bulb lights).

There will be two tracks, an earth track and a postie track.

Personally I would put an inline fuse on the positive wire of the unit - incase things go wrong. Better a fuse blow then your car goes up in flames. (In fact this is essential).

• Like 1

Well, Ive decide its realy best thing for me to go to electrician...I dont know much about electricity, so, 10euros +- what the heck :)))B

Better safe than sorry.

Edited by MilanM
  • Like 1