Hello folks, Octy 1.9 TDi 4x4 owner 55 plate

Remus77

Hi all,

I was on here some time ago as Nemesis201077 with a Skoda Fabia 1,9 TDi but don't seem to be able to access the account any more. I think I wanted to unsubscribe from emails and managed to get the account blocked.

Anyway, I'm back as I'm the proud owner of a Skoda Octavia II 4x4 with the 1.9 TDi BXE engine. I think I got a good deal on it, It's a 55 plate with 135k on the clock, but as we now that's nothing for the TDI, not yet broken in. Good clean MoT History and service record.

It is struggling a little with power, The EGR and throttle body are pretty gunked up, but I've not yet managed to get the whole EGR valve assemble off to clean as I can't find my decent hex keys to reach the bolt underneath the valve where access is terrible. I might remove the whole manifold and clean everything. I will get to that and will probably get some Mr. Muscle in the turbo. Not sure the layout of the BXE, but I'm sure when I have time I'll be able to locate the turbo and how to access it for cleaning out. The Fabia was an ATD and the Alhambra, can't remember maybe ALN/ALH?

I'm also going to replace the vacuum hoses as these always seem a failure point and might have some holes in, Replacing them on the Fabia and an Alhambra I had solved my issues and I have some spare silicon hose left.

If anyone has other suggestions, or suggestions for tinkering with on a 4x4 then do let me know.

I'm now based near Newport in South Wales. I've got an aftermarket Vag Com lead (no cracked software though) also have a VAG Tacho cable and a Bluetooth OBD fault code reader with Torque OBD check installed on the mobile.

I look forward to raiding the archives for useful info on how to repair, replace/upgrade the car. EGR blanking/delete may be something I do.