Evening Dealership Meet - Wednesday 20th July

RockyVRS

**UPDATE**

I have just updated Sarah who has been organising the event with myself, with a list of atendee's and their / your details. I still havent heard back from 6 people on the original list.

Anybody who is late to the party and would still like to attend, let me know ASAP so I can get you registered.

Details of event:

Mitchells will be putting on a BBQ for us. Looking ahead the weather should hopefully be nice and warm on Wednesday evening. The event will run from 6-8pm. BBQ to start around 7pm or just before.

Anybody interested in test driving any cars, Mitchells can arrange this on the evening but please bring your license with you (both parts if you own a paper copy).

Paul

Why do people need the paper part, it's no longer a legal obligation, DVLA scrapped it last June and told people to destroy it, so I imagine most people have. That could make a booking test drive awkward.

Just supply a check code if they want it? Mind you - I test drove at Manchester Skoda on Sat, and they just took a photocopy of the card and that was it!

Why do people need the paper part, it's no longer a legal obligation, DVLA scrapped it last June and told people to destroy it, so I imagine most people have. That could make a booking test drive awkward.

Andy, scrap what I said. It was most probably me misunderstanding what Sarah said via email. I have done test drives there before using just the photocard, so I am sure that is all you need :)

And Andy...... are you going to join us??

Edited by RockyVRS

Andy, scrap what I said. It was most probably me misunderstanding what Sarah said via email. I have done test drives there before using just the photocard, so I am sure that is all you need :)

And Andy...... are you going to join us??

Working away this week, so unable to come along, have a good night :thumbup:

• Like 1

What's the postcode for satnav guys?

I'll be leaving Manchester at 5ish so will hit the best of the traffic, hope to see you there after 6...

Address is in my very first post on this topic :devil:  :notme:

Hi Rocky, too late to join? I thought i replied to your PM a while back but must have been distracted

Hi Luke, nope not too late. You can attend tonight. Please PM me with your name, car model and Reg, and also how many people will be coming with you :) :)

Have sent a pm to RockyVRS haven't had a reply but hope to go with wife and daughter.

Hi buddy, not received a PM from you??

However, you can come along, that is absolutely fine, as above with Luke, drop me a PM with your full name, car model and Reg, and just confirm the amount of people attending :)

I'm currently having a mooch around Cheshire oaks, if anyone fancies getting here a bit early to miss traffic.

There was an accident on the eastbound side of the M56 so traffic might be backing up.

• Like 1

Thanks from me too, to both Paul and all the staff at Mitchell's.

I know a lot of planning goes in to this kind of thing and it's good when it all goes to plan, with many travelling a fair distance. I only live three miles up the M53, so no hardship at all.

Even the rain stayed off.

The only negative for me - the hard ride in that Fabia vRS!

But to make up for that, I've got a solo trip over the Snake Pass and back in the morning. Wahoo.

• Like 1

Another vote of thanks to you Paul and all at Mitchell's for a enjoyable experience .Drove a Octavia and Superb both given keys for and given directions where to go for a drive without a member of staff!Good food and drink ,nice little patio canal side setting.To top it off ,a goody bag containing screenwash,Škoda kids game with cards with historic models printed on,insulated mug and keyring with removable logo trolley token!Heres to the next do. Thanks again,Vince and Cyn.

• Like 2

Guys and Gals,

Thanks to all that attended, was a good turnout. Weather held out which was good :) :)

Hope you all enjoyed the evening, the test drives, the food and the goodies.
Mitchells did well with the BBQ and hosting, and I will pass on my thanks with a nice email to them tomorrow.

We were all strangers to each other, but hopefully at the next meet we will feel a bit more comfortable knowing some of the same faces :)

I will try and organise another there in the future, maybe when the new Kodiak is launched which sounds like early next year.
In the meantime I may do another meet elsewhere. I will look into a venue and let you all know (wont be your normal pub meet - I like to plan things :D )

Thanks again

Paul

• Like 3