Vrs options

G'day chaps. I'm in the market for a second hand mk2 Fabia vrs. What were the options that are a must have or I should look out for. I'd like cruise control and heated seats if they were ever an option? Any others that really make the car?

• Like 1

The options on mine are

Metallic paint

Black wheels

Bluetooth

Rear electric Windows

Rear parking sensors

Cruise control

If I was to spec up another new Fabia I'd definitely want heated seats and sat nav next time round

The extras on mine are

Black roof

Cruise

Climate control

Armrest

Full size spare

Parking sensors

I did want the heated seats but they're super rare and can't be retro fitted I've asked at skoda but you could use an universal kit of ebay or amazon etc

For mods

H&r rarb

Brakes

Springs or coilovers

That'll made the car alot better to drive

Ant

I'd say climate control is a must, if only because the standard air con controls look cheap and nasty - it's amazing that such a small thing raises the tone of the cabin considerably.

I also have cruise, Bluetooth and parking sensors - all nice to have but I'd pick climate over all of them.

Edited by Brian69
  • Like 1

The extras on mine are

Black roof

Cruise

Climate control

Armrest

Full size spare

Parking sensors

Ant

Exact same as mine, the only thing I wish it had is a sunroof.

Is it possible to change the standard heating controls for the climate controls if it wasn't as standard?

Big job breaking out. Edited by LGM

Mk1pete.

If you go for one with Heated Seats then check if the Heater Element or switch were replaced under the Service Campaign,

not all have been if not serviced at Main Dealers, or maybe even if they were, some Skoda Approved Used Cars were even sold without Service Campaign work carried out, maybe because they were not due a Service or just not outstanding work checked.

http://master.skoda-auto.com/mini-apps/recall-actions

(useful if anyone else with a vRS with Heated Seats needs to check.)

Mine has Bluetooth, Rear Sensors, Eibach springs, spare wheel, satnav

I would have preferred climate control due to looking so much better than standard heater unit. Would have also liked rear electric Windows too and an armrest (will eventually fit an armrest)

I hate cruise control personally but I suppose does have its advantages for some people. For me, the ultimate is my Bluetooth. Couldn't be without it

These have all answered a lot of my questions so thanks for them, didn't realise that some were options like rear leccy windows! Or eibach springs! Back to the hunt..... And to selling a Mini Cooper S. What was I thinking.......

Yup lots of extras. I personally feel that the vrs should have had more extras as standard, seeing as it was the top model. My estate new, with the extras that were on it and wheels, paint etc would have cost over 20k. And there were still tons of extras that could have been added to mine, so that would have taken it to well over 20k. That's a hell of a lot of money for the car

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yup lots of extras. I personally feel that the vrs should have had more extras as standard, seeing as it was the top model. My estate new, with the extras that were on it and wheels, paint etc would have cost over 20k. And there were still tons of extras that could have been added to mine, so that would have taken it to well over 20k. That's a hell of a lot of money for the car

I agree considering it was prob retailed around 18k 

• 1 month later...

Very interesting to hear there were so many optional extras available from new.

I would have liked a few more of the options mentioned on the vrs I'm picking up this Sunday. The climate control is much nicer but it was not a deal breaker for me as I will have satnav which lifts the console.

I also asked about the heated seat and Skoda confirmed they could fit some approximately £250-300 per seat, which I thought is a bit expensive. Also it is not really required for non leather seats.

Really looking forward to it as I've never owned a hot hatch!

I've posted a thread in the "hello" sub-forum there's a picture there too. It is a 2013 in red with the black pack so red grill and wing mirrors. I wanted  the black roof too but it was a good price from the Skoda dealer and I couldn't wait for a "perfectly specced" model to maybe show up :)

• Like 1