trunk problems, need imediate help

Need really fast help!!

Today in my town was rain and I would tell medium strenth.

When I came home in my garage, I open trunk to get wrench, and I notice water in my trunk..well there isnt plenty but it was some water where is spare wheel, and on the left one bellow first aid kit(not much but it was wet)!

What can be problem? Car didnt have accidents, I suppose it isnt normal to have some kind of water in trunk(no matter it was small), bcs it can rust. Did anyone had this kind of problem? Tnx so much for help, this car mean lot to me!

Ok maybe I had overreacted, my mother says it hasnt water, but it is just how to say feel wet.

Can anyone post picture of trunk bellow spare wheel to see how must looks like draining holes, maybe mine are pluged?!

Do you have a sunroof?  Maybe sunroof drains blocked and leaking into boot.  Maybe a light cluster has a hole and is leaking in.  Maybe you have a lot of dead leaves in the rain channels, or a failed rear screen seal.

If you have water in the tyre well, can you see where from?  You could dry it, remove tyre and powder the tyre well with talcum powder.  This will leave you a clear trail showing you which direction the water is coming from.  Then you can work backwards from there.

There shouldn't be any water draining into the spare tyre well, it isn't normal.

• Like 1

I tought so!!

I had dried all and tommorow will do as you said while washing her.

I just used one microfibre cloth and dried it...it was just wet, like when you wash your hands and then do not dry it properly.

I will take care, tommorow and will report you!!

Also I would like to thank you for helping me true this problem! :beer:

Small update: Today I have washed my car and have big problems..left boot bellow first aid kit have some serious quantity of water.

I can make fishtank xD

If some guy want to help me pls take apart left boot upholstery and take picture or tell me whats you think where it come from..I cant conclude from where it come and it was like 1l water or so.

And I was trying not to wash that part(left boot) soo much, I dont know what else to do, I dont see water marks and from where it comes, but it is there, so now I must not wash my car and drive it when its raining. :(

Small update number 2 xD

I have searched around net and find out that it is pretty much common problem not on Superbs, but on VW Passat b5.5 and they are pretty much same cars.

So I will try out some of their solution and report results in this tread just in case, someone else have this kind of problem.

Cheers to all, until small update number 3. :nerd:

As I said, if you want to find it - you need to take the trim up, dry it thoroughly, and spread talcum powder.  You will get a clear trail through the powder of the water.

• Like 1

I have bought powder and its first thing for to do tomorow.

However, today when I was washing my car and notice that it does leak in boot, I was so angry and take out trim and have noticed that one peace is broken.

Bumper and boot didnt had colisions, but bumper has been taken off from car to been polished(and remove orange peel) I assume it was february or march, I dont know when exactly, bcs I didnt want to use rotary polisher on plastic(was afraid of burning paint) and my friend" did it. I assume he brake it up and didnt tell me bcs he tought its nothing serious.

I dont know maybe it isnt, but part isnt whole(I mark with red cyrcle part thats been mising).,.what you think can it be cause of problem?

I have plan to use powder and see if thats thing is causing so much problem and Im planing using silicone to minimize problem until this part arive(I had ordered earlier today but I need to wait one month to come from Czeh). Also Im planing to use silicone on rubber on left light just in case.

I will report you, as soon as I find out some news!!

Tnx for helping.

post-60223-0-82477000-1460664415_thumb.jpg

And update 3: Problem solved!!

Nackuk had point, rear left light was some kind of loose(not upper part), and I have used powder to make sure there isnt more places to leak.

Now Im happy again, I want it to thanks first of all Jimbof and Nackuk, and then all others, tnx very much.. :whew: :beer: B)

• Like 2