190bhp, experiences, q&a's

Hi,

Seeing as there were topics for most other variants, thought I'd start this one. I'm due to get my 190 (fwd) with DSG in the next couple of weeks ( I think it's being shipped now )

To get started, Some questions for those that have a 190;

1. What's the acceleration like?

2. What rpm at 70mph ( c 112kmh)?

3. Is Adblue much of a nuisance ?

4. MPG?

1. Not at all bad for a luxury diesel moderately priced large car. Impressive using launch control.

2. Can't recall. Will test later.

3. No. Theoretically it's possible to just have it replaced at service time, if you have to do it in between the dealer can do it, or you can fill up yourself. Every 6000 - 9000 miles.

4. I've got a 4wd so it's a bit worse, but mid 40s in mixed driving.

• Like 1

I was waiting for this thread to start, ha ha first to 280 thread then the 220 and 150TDi threads now this one, well im not going to complain as I was just going to wait until I receive my 190DSG L&K Estate,  before starting it up myself. As i don't have my new car yet or even a date Im looking forward to hearing what you people think. I have a 175BHP Mondeo Hatch at present and if the performance is similar it will be more than quick enough, with better MPG by the look of it and far more carrying capacity. As or Ad-Blue don't see it as much of a problem just get it done on service or fill at a service station there are a couple within 12 miles or so in towns I visit regularly.

http://uk.air1.info/en/adblue-supply/adblue-filling/

http://www.findadblue.com/

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts in the future

1. Quick. Even in such a big car, it feels quick. Very smooth up through the DSG. Very responsive at motorway speeds too. More than enough power to get you out of trouble if needed.

2. Around 1800-1850rpm?

3. Looks easy enough. Bit of a faff but hey ho.

4. Improving week on week. Last 1250 miles or so indicating 46.6 long term mixed driving. This morning returned 54.6 on the maxidot over about 16 miles mixed roads from 20-60 mph, DCC set in Eco drive mode. Best economy I've seen so far.

Relax, you'll love it :D  

Having just posted on here at about 1pm stating no idea when my car is coming, Well I do now just received an e-mail from NCD to get in touch for a delivery date, as the car is due at the dealer in two days time, I have arranged a delivery for 28th April and to be fair I am now very excited like a kid at Christmas, if all goes as planed that's 4 weeks earlier than expected ordered 28th Jan. delivered 28th April, when I was expecting very early June. Lets hope all goes as expected.

Edited by russ1610

Having just posted on here at about 1pm stating no idea when my car is coming, Well I do now just received an e-mail from NCD to get in touch for a delivery date, as the car is due at the dealer in two days time, I have arranged a delivery for 28th April and to be fair I am now very excited like a kid at Christmas, if all goes as planed that's 4 weeks earlier than expected ordered 28th Jan. delivered 28th April, when I was expecting very early June. Lets hope all goes as expected.

delighted for you - I'm similar - car ordered end Nov promised end Jan, delayed due to beige leather, built on 30 th March, now at port waiting for ship - I can nearly touch it .

Anybody got some 190 stories that will excite us some more ?

I promise to post when I get mine

1. It's OK. Nothing great, needs a remap. Car crying out for another 2 cylinders and 50bhp.

2. Around 1900 rpm

3. Don't trust the adblue range estimate, I had to refill at around 7000 miles. It's also a major faff if you but cheap off ebay. My tip, buy a bottle from Halfords, keep the empty container which has a decent valve on the filler head, buy bulk from Amazon and decant into your original Halfords container. I'm sure there are other decent containers but font get it on your paintwork so don't skimp on the filler system!

4. I usually get around 45mpg, but then the definition of spirited driving varies. My definition means using the full engine speed range, overtaking wherever possible slow moving traffic on A roads, and cruising around 80 on M ways etc. I managed 60+ today though with cruise set to 70 on the M69 and M1

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Caveat to #1 I came from a remapped seat leon cupra 280. Fastest car I've ever driven and owned, so I am biased. To be fair, the superb is quick enough for normal use, and if you have the 19" alloys with big rubber it's surprisingly grippy too. I've managed to hit the bumpstops a couple of times though on bumpy mid Welsh b roads when pushing on!

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

1. It's OK. Nothing great, needs a remap. Car crying out for another 2 cylinders and 50bhp.

It's a moderately priced large diesel barge - it's never going to feel like a tuned hot hatch. For the type of car and the price point, it's pretty reasonable I reckon.

I agree with your point about road holding though, it just gets on with the job where I would be expecting tyre squeal and understeer.

• Like 1

Hi,

1) I was mildly disappointed with the acceleration in normal as it often felt reluctant to accelerate & disconnected but since putting the engine response to sport it has come alive & feels quite nippy on our local rural roads. The downside to the sport setting for the engine is that when you are cruising it does hang onto lower gears (it hasn't seemed to detrimentally affect mpg to any great degree though) but this is easily rectified by switching to normal.

2) Don't know, I will look if I remember.

3) Not filled it yet but the range did drop alarmingly at the start, though this has slowed now.

4) I seem to be getting high 30s to low 40s in general - bear in mind I have the 4X4 & am not cruising on dual carriageways etc. On a longer run to Stoke recently it was high 40s & I wasn't hanging about.

In general I really like it & my family certainly do with all the space!

1. More than adequate in 'normal', and excellent in 'sport'. Traction can be an issue when booting it from standstill.

2. About 1900

3. After doing around 5000 miles, display warning was 1400 miles to refill. I called into a Shell garage which has an Adblue pump and refilled costing less than a tenner. Ad blue pump works exactly the same as a diesel pump, so really no hassle. The 'miles to refill' display on the dash automatically resets itself.

The only downside is the limited number of garages with Adblue pumps, but with journey planning, this can be mitigated.

4. Averaging high 30's, with around 45 to 48 on longer journeys.

Wish I had the beige interior instead of brown. Looks classy! Unlike the beige, Skoda have not changed some of the interior plastic panelling to match the brown upholstery, but have left them in dark grey. Makes it look real 'bitty'.

Good luck with your new toy! I'm sure you'll be pleased with it.

Mine has done 3,500 miles now and it's starting to come alive. I pulled away on a dry road yesterday with much enthusiasm and it simply lit up the front tyres. 4x4 might've been a better choice with this engine. 

Fuel consumption is improving nicely. Averaged 52mpg with a journey into London on Monday. I did the same journey with pretty much identical conditions the day after I collected the car and it averaged 47mpg. That's via the maxidot but the comparison between the two figures is legitimate. 

My AdBlue range was down to 3,000 miles, with 3,500 on the clock. The dash said 7 litres was required. I had a 10 litre bottle with a spout included so I decided to fill it up before driving down to Cornwall.

Removed the blue cap, stuck the spout in the filler and it took the entire 10 litres no problem. There was no overflowing or anything. Turned on the ignition and left it for a minute before starting the engine. No problems at all and the range went back up to 7,000 miles. This would appear to be the maximum range it can display. Basically treat the AdBlue fill up procedure the same as filling up with fuel, just stop immediately if no more can go in the filler pipe. 

The manual states 'no overfilling or damage can occur to engine components'. I personally don't understand this at all, how can you damage the engine components? Maybe there's a slim chance it can cross contaminate the fuel tank if both caps are off? :think:  

The manual also says stop filling the AdBlue when no more flows from the filler bottle, or when the pump cuts out. 

2. Around 1900 rpm

3. Don't trust the adblue range estimate, I had to refill at around 7000 miles. It's also a major faff if you but cheap off ebay. My tip, buy a bottle from Halfords, keep the empty container which has a decent valve on the filler head, buy bulk from Amazon and decant into your original Halfords container. I'm sure there are other decent containers but font get it on your paintwork so don't skimp on the filler system!

Why not just buy it from the pump, far less hassle.

No problems at all and the range went back up to 7,000 miles. This would appear to be the maximum range it can display. 

It can certainly show at least 7,500 miles as mine was delivered this way, I will know in around 1,000miles for sure when I fill mine up (estimated to be able to cover just under 9,000 miles per tankful)

IMG_1281_zpsjhcxvsec.jpg

• Like 1

Strange, my car glugged the whole 10 litres of AdBlue and still suggested a range of 7000 miles. That was in spite of a recommended max fill of 7 litres on the maxidot. I am also pretty certain it said 7000 miles when I collected the car  :|

It's a moderately priced large diesel barge - it's never going to feel like a tuned hot hatch. For the type of car and the price point, it's pretty reasonable I reckon.

I agree with your point about road holding though, it just gets on with the job where I would be expecting tyre squeal and understeer.

Yes I do agree, and did reference my experience which it totally biased! For its size, you can hustle it along quickly enough.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

• Like 1