Lofty's Sprint Yellow Fabia vRS Mk1 - "Project Daffodil"

Lofty

Is a lovely car(slightly gay colour but we best not mention that......)with some really good mods :)

Matt is soon to be on that **** TV program,obsessive compulsive cleaners!

Cheers folks. I'm much happier with the subtle things that it takes fellow geeks a while to spot, hence not having a cavernous hole in the front bumper filled with chicken wire...

Perhaps when you get a big turbo and run some proper bhp you may need the extra cooling? :D Edited by coskev
  • Like 2

Love those brakes! Looks very good, Its refreshing to see a nice build thats not got all the usual modifications. 

Somewhat contradictory but if i ever go down the FMIC route i'd be doing the exact same as yours, keep it looking as standard as possible and hidden painted black. youve got the best intercooler imo as well, fits perfectly, no hassle, no cutting, takes an hour start to finish to fit :D

looks very clean, are you the person who done a massive write up about suspension upgrades?, remember reading something from a yellow fabia owner who went for bilsteins

There are two of us who've done write ups on suspension, i'm sure the one you refer to went for a different spring to the eibachs but still kept it a sensible 30mm drop

• 2 weeks later...

Love this car. What's the future plans for it?

Honestly? Not too much TBH, going to get some use out of it over the summer then I might be doing an underneath resto over next winter, already collecting parts in advance for it.

The Bilstein B14 Coilover kit has been tempting me recently so I might go down that route at the same time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Good attention to detail upgrading the rear glass.

My sport also came with all the factory sunset glass, better than cheap tints over the standard glass!

Totally agree. Side windows are (if tinted well) impossible to distinguish from the OE sunset glass but aftermarket tints on the original rear window never look great especially on the dotted black edge sections - stand out a mile

Want to see pictures of the polished crevis before you fitted that window.

But looks much better, always hated that about mine. Octy has it skighly too IIRC

It's a Shane Matt doesn't..... He never drives it :D

He gives it plenty of love I know! :D

Hence why he changed his standard exhaust for a Miltek with twin small round tailpipes,he couldn't fill the standard size VRS tailpipe ;)

• Like 2