Skoda Felicia paint codes table

The sticker is located under the bonnet just above the left hand side (when viewed from the front) headlight.

I'm guessing this was it then. It's exactly where you describe. This picture shows the colour quite well though. At least as it looks in dull light. It has an almost blue tinge in bright sunlight.post-98319-0-40986200-1461334689_thumb.jpg

Yoss

Your persistance paid off. I've digged deeper into the subject of your car's paint colour and I've found a mistake in my documents. The name "Green Forest" had been used in the UK for Skoda paint colour named Dark Green Pearl Metallic (codes 9590, L959, LF6S) and not for Emerald Green Metallic. Dark Green Pearl is darker, has a blue tinge indeed, and a pearl effect. What bothers me is that both those green paints have one code in common: L959. Now I'm trying to find why different codes for the same colour. For now I have two answers: 1) you can use different colourants to match the same colour, and 2) there are different colour formulas depending on paint manufacturers. If you could ask locally that would help getting closer to the truth.

800px-Skoda_Felicia_outside_Robinson.JPG

katJt09.jpg

• Like 1

Riccardo, well done, I don't know how you've found all this information but it is appreciated. The car is generally in very good condition, better than most Felicias these days anyway but the lacquer is starting to come off on the roof so it will have to be sorted at some point. The above information will be useful I'm sure.

Very nice. The boot sticker looks very well glued. Yet many others (myself included) couldn't find it. That has to do with the luggage carried, repeated washing, and perhaps rear collisions that required a respray.

Great thread you've put together Riccardo , I'm sure it'll be really useful to a lot of people. I would have loved to contribute as I think I'd read somewhere there's something like 3 types of white for the Skoda pickup . However I've since discovered mine was repainted in Citroen Alpine white on the top and then the obvious addition of a similar to VW camper orange for the bottom half so not much use to this thread! I will see if I can find the original paint code out of interest though, as I believe under the bonnet and inside is still the original white ...

• Like 1

Thank you for your interest and support, Ninja. You could help by asking in a local car paint mixing shop this question: "How come that the same paint, let's say GREY GRANITE METALLIC, has four mixing codes (9900, L8L8, L990, F7S) ?". It would be useful to have a definitive answer. I've come across paint shops that said "Oh... codes like D7D7 or L8L8 are no good for us." although they're from Skoda original stickers... We need to bring more light to this matter. It is already hard enough to match perfectly an old, faded paint, so yeah... at least to have reliable mixing codes as a start.

Edited by RicardoM

PURPLE BORDEAUX / PASSAT METALLIC (codes 9880, L988, F3R) years 1994-2000

jEyz908.jpg

Edited by RicardoM

RED HOT CHILI PEARL METALLIC (codes 9394, 9885, 8H8H, E1E1, H8H8, L988, LC3L, F3S) years 1996-2001

0G7nwd3.jpg

• 2 months later...

This is an update to paint colour table.

Notes:

• different mixing codes can have the same commercial name!
  • the first mixing code (numeric only) is the most useful when buying paint, followed by Skoda mixing code, and VAG mixing code

VYjzdTQ.jpg

cQBFD8N.jpg

• Like 1