Rear fog lights won´t go off

Hi.

Sorry about my bad english but i try to explain anyway :-)

i have weird problem with my superb(hatchback) tailgate fog lights.

Wiring was cut off and i change new wirings. All wires have cracked and three wires was cut.

But after i have changed wirings rear fog light start burning even if power is off.

There is no mater do i have fog lights on or off.

Before wiring fox there was no problem with lights. They work as they should.

All wires have checked many times and everything is connected right.

I have try to change light switch and that was ok.

And everything else works fine.

Where i can try to find solution? Is there relay somewhere?

In finnish forum no one have any ideas..

Edited by zaumer81

Hi, welcome to the forum  :sun:

Did you suffer from the well known stretched wiring issue on the Twindoor (as detailed here)...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/286139-superb-twindoor-wiring-fix/

If so, when you repaired the wires did you repair them yourself or did you use the official Skoda repair kit?

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/394216-twindoor-wire-problems/

Have you altered the cars coding at all (using VCDS)? If not then we have to assume that there is a problem with the wiring repair.

Out of interest are the rear fog lights on when the ignition is off, for example the only way to turn them off is to remove the bulbs?

Same wiring issue than others :-) 

I repair wirings by myself but those wires have triple checked and isolated properly.

Nothing coding has done, but when wires where broken hey might get touch with others.

Is it possible theat it broke something?

Where is relay for rear fog lights? If that has damaged?

Only way get lights off is take them out  :| They burn even if ignition is turned off...

• 2 weeks later...

No one has any ideas?

What about this "comfort"box under passanger seat?

Is it possible that it has damaged?

I have read that it may cause many kinf of problems? Does rear lights go that way? Or witch way? :-)

Taken from a post I made in a similar thread: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/396479-problem-with-rear-light-help-needed/

Much like other PQ35 based cars, all the lighting is controlled by the BCM which is an electronic control module located above the pedals in the drivers footwell. If you have knee airbags this will make access harder. Unfortunately, this generation of BCM has shown itself as very sensitive to unexpected loads such as aftermarket HID kits or even badly designed LED drivers. Both of these can cause damage to the internal components normally resulting in a replacement module being fitted.

The current switching for the lighting is all done by fets in the BCM, I don't think there are any relays involved iirc. Even the 'tick-tock' sound for the indicators isn't a relay, it's produced by a speaker in the instrument cluster!

You need to get a scan done via VCDS as it will show up any fuse, wiring or bulb issues. Both fog lights should be connected directly to BCM and I think it's connector A, pin 6 and connector C, pin 47 on the WD I have  :)

Thank´s for reply.

Can someone get some picture of that box? And what text is in that box?

In finland we have lot´s of spare parts for skoda but i have to manage what box that is :-)

I have found many comfort module for sale..

There are many different versions, Google for 'BCM PQ35' will give you an idea of what they look like.

It'll probably have a part number similar to '1K0 937 087 x'. Where x will change depending on the revision fitted. There are also part numbers ending in 084, 085, 086 but I don't think these are typically fitted to the superb.

Have you done a VCDS scan yet? You can't just replace the BCM, it'll need coding in using VCDS and the remotes adapting to the car.