Monte Carlo bumper cut for exhaust

Ive got my hands on a mk2 vrs exhaust bought from Naths vRS and I'm going to fit to to my monte carlo but I'm going to have to cut the rear diffuser and bumper to make an exhaust exit. Has anyone done this and got any pictures on how they did it or does anyone have any tips on positioning the cut?

Ive done mine very carefully with a reciprocating saw although its a fabia sport tip and came with a piece of paper template showing where to cut it, All i can say is take your time :)

Ive done mine very carefully with a reciprocating saw although its a fabia sport tip and came with a piece of paper template showing where to cut it, All i can say is take your time :)

Any pics. please.

Super skoda only have the rear diffuser but it doesn't suit a monte cause it doesn't go right out to the bumper edges to meet the wheel arch body trim but milotec do a frame for end pipes which costs a fortune but they have a pdf for the template for the cutout which should give me a starting point as to shape

You get a Finisher for Tail Pipe Cut out areas that are a good fit around the Cut out on a vRS with vRS Standard rear twin pipes.

If you scope out one of those and try it next to a Valance on a Standard Mk2 vRS you know you are sorted.

The you have your template and finisher for the Monte,

just a case of trial fitting the vRS Back Box, getting the area right to cut, cut tight after being sure, and getting it then neat and Fitting 

Back Box and then Valance Finisher.

Simple when said quickly.

Yeah that sounds like the plan I had in my head, can't find a valance finisher at all though, thought about moulding a polystyrene block and then covering it in foil and making one from fibreglass and polyester resin

There were pictures in a thread here with a finisher on a Monte Carlo with different tail pipe, 

and they were on Google Images on a vRS.

I might find them latter.

Have Demon Tweaks got finishers?

Edit.

I can not find the ones on a Fabia right now, but you will get the idea from these,

and i have a Kit / Motorsport Catalogue some place with them in.

*Merlin Motorsport* i think.

http://merlinmotorsport.co.uk

or

http://demon-tweeks.co.uk

post-86161-0-07440500-1461523145_thumb.jpg

post-86161-0-13084800-1461523161_thumb.jpg

Edited by GoneOffSKi

post-138255-0-16078100-1462042844_thumb.jpg
post-138255-0-20151000-1462042943_thumb.jpg

Went and did it at the weekend, just took some careful planning and some elbow grease. I used a stanley knife and hacksaw after creating a template with masking tape and then used a dremmel to sand it down, then used a medium to fine sanding block and then fine to extra fine to get it smooth

• Like 2

Well done looks great.

Hard to believe that box is 6 years old, unless Nath had it replaced at some point.

Went and did it at the weekend, just took some careful planning and some elbow grease. I used a stanley knife and hacksaw after creating a template with masking tape and then used a dremmel to sand it down, then used a medium to fine sanding block and then fine to extra fine to get it smooth

Looks great good job there :)

• Like 1

Yes,

because Skoda made a Rally Inspired version of a Fabia with a rather cheapo backbox and tailpipe not worth showing.

'Just add shiny plastic that is very sporty'.

Exhaust definatly finishes off the rear mines basically just a tip welded to the old one so no extra noise, Might do a mufflerectomy then again it might get too noisy